Tue, Oct 1, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: OT: Scam Warning: "Why won't my new pet bark or eat dog food?"

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 5:22 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 10:09 AM

Be sure that you only buy your poodle from a trusted source.  Also: when you take your poodle to the vet for a nail clipping and you are told that your poodle has hooves -- then you'd better "become suspicious".

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/04/26/1177459875122.html?from=top5

No wonder those spam e-mails which say "I want to put $50,000,000 into your bank account" actually work for the senders.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 10:00 PM

Thou shall not eat any unclean animal...ROTFL!

My Facebook Page

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 10:09 PM

Yeah, unfortunately with all the world food shortages we have, there are no shortages on stupidity.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 11:29 PM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 11:30 PM

The amazing parts to me are:

1.  Around 2000 people fell for it.
2.  Your "dog" goes "bahhhhh!", and only eats grass -- and it doesn't occur to anyone that maybe something's fishy.........:lol:

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:51 AM

Anyone that fell for that one will get no symapthy from me LOL.....Steve

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:07 AM

That's just bahhhhhhhhhhhhhmy

:lol:

Gill

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:13 AM

I imagine a lot of them are feeling pretty sheepish right now for being taken in.

My Freebies

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:25 AM

Yea....like lambs to the slaughter.....

Gill

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:45 AM

I can't believe 2000 people let some petty con man pull the wool over their eyes!

My Freebies

mrsparky ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 6:58 AM

Greenpeace should adopt this idea and knit white woolly jumpers for whales. 
The japs whalers wouldn't recognise them and the whales would avoid being turned into cat food - though you would need a big leash :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 7:02 AM

Quote - Anyone that fell for that one will get no symapthy from me LOL.....Steve

I agree with you Steve I read an article about many of the people being taken by these scams and it floored me to see that it was well eductated people like lawyers, doctors and PHDs. I guess it just proves you can be book smart and street stupid.

My Facebook Page

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 11:44 AM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 11:45 AM

You know, if poodles are worth that much money in Japan, then perhaps I need to go into the poodle-breeding & export business.  I think that you can get a decent pure-bred poodle around here for about $500 US.  Or even for free, depending upon how desparate the owner is to get rid of them.  Ship them off to Japan and make a killing...........but of course, Japan might have a stiff poodle tariff in place, in order to protect their native poodle industry.  So the scheme might not work.

Then again, if they'll buy sheep.........

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:04 PM
Forum Moderator

**  I always thought that the Japanese were the most intelligent people on the planet.  I guess that just shows the power of a good con man.**

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:45 PM

Look on the bright side....they can resell 'em as eco-friendly grass cutters......

Gill

Dajadues ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:50 PM

And this has what to do with Poser?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:54 PM

Quote - And this has what to do with Poser?

Nothing....that's why the 'OT' is in the title

Gill

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:43 PM

Quote - And this has what to do with Poser?

Oh.....Dark_Anvil has a sheep model for sale in the MP.  It's even for Poser 4+.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=53414&

Obviously, that's the connection.  I thought that everybody knew that.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 7:28 PM

ROFLOL!

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 8:15 PM
Site Admin

I don't know what the big deal is. Hasn't anyone heard of sheep dogs before?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 10:38 PM

TIHS IS TEH FAKEZORZ LOL:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=263447

A Japanese actress jokingly made up such a story on a talk show, and it somehow turned into a rumor and the modern press, having the integrity of a psychotic cockroach, reported it as news.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 10:58 PM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 11:04 PM

Ah!  So the press was completely, totally, and utterly fooled, eh?  And what conclusion/lesson are we to draw from that -- what conclusion concerning the reporting of the press on much more serious matters............such as the progress of the Iraq war?

There's always the possibility that the second source which is now reporting the "rumor" story is the report that is being less than factual............or at least that's something which should be considered.  Don't trust any of 'em.

However: I tend to suspect that the original story was probably a fake.  Possibly even a publicity stunt.

But you never know, do you?  You can't believe everything that you read in the papers.  Including the article which is now saying that this was all just a rumor. 😉

"All generalizations are false: including this one."

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 11:07 PM

Who knows?  Perhaps Itkito Mynumi from Nigeria really does want to put $50,000,000 into your bank account. 😉

vocal ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 2:23 AM

Attached Link: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=263447

two sides to every story. beleive what you will... Perhaps Japanese officials covering it up, maybe, maybe not...

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 2:53 AM

We interrupt the thread to bring you this news:  The people responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked - have been sacked.  Thank you.

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.