Tue, Oct 22, 6:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Need a dynamic wedding dress

saus69 ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 8:42 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 5:51 PM

Are there any? So far I don't see many wedding dresses (2 only) and they're conforming.
I need 1 with a dynamic skirt part as I'll be using it on a kneeling figure and I want the shin to show.
A3 or V3/4 will be the figures used.

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 10:00 AM

There is a wedding dress texture for the DAZ MFD, & while it is conforming, you can clothify the skirt portion & use it as dynamic in Poser 6 & 7.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 1:20 PM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 1:20 PM

Yep, if you have Poser 6 (not sure about Poser 7), you can use the Morphing Fantasy Dress in the cloth room and clothify the skirt portion.  See this thread for more.  At the time I had Poser 5 and was struggling to do the same thing in it, but found out it wasn't possible. So if you have Poser 5, it won't work.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2517340&page=1

Here is a gorgeous wedding dress.  I have it but haven't tried it in the cloth room as yet. It has some morphs, but not a great deal so posing is limited for the skirt.  The Train is a separate part that fits at the waist/hip, so it should be possible to work with in the cloth room too.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=30468&vendor=25042

If you like I can try running a simulation with the dress and see how the skirt looks. I have been meaning to do it one day anyway.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

sonita ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 2:35 AM

I think there's a wedding dress on Phil C's website... It's for Judy, but maybe you scale it to use on unimesh figures?

Arien ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:09 AM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:10 AM

Ok, this is the third time I'm trying to post an answer, and the window keeps dissapearing on me 0.o

Basically, what is said above is a good idea. The MFD with the skirt clothify can look stunning, and is a very simple process (check out this image of mine for an example of how it looks ). If you just have P5, you might want to try clothifying the whole dress.

Otherwise, Frances Coffil released a dynamic wedding dress at DAZ for V4, which looks quite lovely, and might be exactly what you need.

My store

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 11:01 AM

The V4 MFD actually has more morphs than the V3 version and I really like using it.  I have an image in my gallery here where I have it in a sitting position if you want to see what it looks like.  Very little tweaking was necessary.

...... Kendra

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 11:42 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Dave8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:44 PM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:44 PM
Kendra ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 6:03 PM

Quote - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1423151&member

That looks great :)

Thanks hon.  I seem to be going though a wedding phase. :)  I've been checking out Vera Wang and Monique Lhuillier for design and dress style ideas. 

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.