Tue, Oct 22, 8:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: background image sketch renders...

mbaucco ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 11:36 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:33 AM

Hello, Is there any way to sketch render a background image at high res? I tried using the make movie option with a big background image, but it just makes a big blank with the image in one corner. It looks like you can only sketch render a background image at poser's max document window size, but I would be happy to be proven wrong. Thanks, Matt Baucco

Don ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 12:01 PM

Attached Link: http://Cyber-Fyber.bbay.com/CF-DLfiles/SketchDesignTutorial.pdf.zip

Matt- DL my Sketch Render Tutorial at this llink. Import your BG picture. Set Render options by: 1. rendering in a new window, 2. Set the window to twice the size as your studio window, 3. set rez at 288 (4 X the 72 lpi you normally get.). Check other options you want. Render. Export picture. At 2X the size and 4X the lpi, you get an image at same size as studio window at the specified rez. Also at my site galleries you can see images and backgrounds Sketch Rendered at hi rez. http://Cyber-Fyber.bbay.com -3Don

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 3:50 PM

Your link doesn't work...

mbaucco ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 4:32 PM

Hello, Don, I tried your tutorial, but it still doesn't create a high rez sketch. It just makes an image the size of the studio window, though it does seem to alter the print settings (I.e. it makes a 372 x 469 image that will print at 300 dpi, which is about half an inch across). I set the render settings to 3 times the studio winodw size and the dpi to 288 before opening the sketch window, but it does not sketch in a new window. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Matt

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 5:05 PM

I CAN'T get it to work according to your post here...

Don ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:24 PM

Attached Link: http://Cyber-Fyber.bbay.com/images/CF-DLfiles/SketchDesignTutorial.pdf.zip

Link has been fixed. Sorry. 1. Set your Studio Window as large a possible, like 648 X 864. 2. Under Render options, choose Render in New Window. Set that window size to double your studio size. Check Anti-Alias and Render Over background picture. Set Rez at 288 or higher. Save (but do not render). 3. Import your Background picture. Open the Sketch Render Window. Apply the style you want. Close the SD preview window. 4. Back in the studio, choose Sketch Style Render under render menu. Render. 5. Export Image and open Image in editing software, like Photoshop. Check the image size. You can increase the Print size easily. As I said above, my renders turn out at 288 dpi, and at the same size as my original image. Images will only Sketch Render in the SD preview window and render only from the studio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.