Mon, Sep 9, 4:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: help can't find my cows :)

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 3:38 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:04 AM

I just decided to try out the hypervue render option on Pro Studio.  I hooked everything up i.e., computers are networked correctly but when I select  to add the external (laptop cow) computer in the manager I see it search for and find then it says "disconnected"?  No matter what I try I cannot get it to find the external cow. 

My cow version is 28859  is this the correct build number?

If so is probably a windows problem as I'm running XP on the host and Vistas on the external.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Dale B ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 5:08 PM

Firewall or AV software is blocking it. The cows don't use any of the standard 'internet' ports, and so tend to be blocked by default, or regarded as an intrusion attempt. Either disable the firewall or create rules for communication on your selected port, shut down and restart the rendercow (if you get a disconnect, the cow may be 'started', and hung up waiting for a talk back signal), and see if you can scan for it. Or if you know the network name of the laptop, try adding that cow by name.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 11:38 PM

I agree it's likely a firewall problem I tried creating rules for Norton tonight but the same results.  One thing was different though, Vue started launching the hypervue as soon as I hit the edit button where you add the cows?  Not sure what happened there but after an hour I had to quit out of frustration.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 6:49 AM

First to check is wether your cows have the same build number as your Pro Studio. This is a must for problem free use. Cows are normally updated automatically when Vue is and is started (and the cows are running). Unfortunately on Mac this does not work correctly now and then.

Next thing is to idealy add the cows via their correct ip addresses. Search in my case sometimes came to "wrong" addresses that in fact did not exist in my case. And the "cows" there were displayed as disconnected.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

synergy543 ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2007 at 2:57 PM

Quote - Unfortunately on Mac this does not work correctly now and then.

So how does one update the cows on a Mac if the update doesn't work correctly?

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2007 at 3:09 PM

What I did was to install Vue on a Windows machine and update from there. But because this is a known bug I am sure it will be fixed.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

AVANZ ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 11:49 AM · edited Mon, 07 May 2007 at 11:50 AM

I had a sort of similar problem, found this on the Cornucopia Forum (Thanks to Bradymac). Worked for me! I'm on a mixed Mac / Windows network: For starters, check to see if all your rendercows are updated to the latest build. If they show "disconnected", they're probably not updated. I've had this same problem with "disconnected" rendercows. There is a way to manually update your cows if the automatic update isn't working. Proceed as follows: - close all of your rendercows, and make sure they aren't running anymore. Also close Vue 6. - browse to your "Environment/Updates" folder of Vue 6. Copy the file named "rendercow.update.win" (or .mac on mac) into the "Environment/Updates" folder of each rendercow. If the folder doesn't exist, create it. - rename each copy (in each rendercow) to "archive.update" without any trailing extension. - relaunch the rendercows. They should instantly update themselves to the proper build. Although this has worked for one of my cows, it hasn't worked with another. I'm discussing this problem at the moment with e-on. Hope that helps. _________________ McSAnimations http://www.mcsanimations.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.