Fri, Sep 20, 10:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: ground doesn't show up in render

Colin_S ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 1:16 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

By now I'm not even faintly surprised at what this program does. I have a texture selected in the color texture node, it's connected to the diffuse and highlight sockets and it shows up nicely in the preview window, wth Jessi on the flat roof looking at the sunset. Do any render and J and the house are there, with lovely long shadows, but the ground has vanished. 

I'd show you the screen shots but this thread won't allow any insertion of images. It deleted my text when I clicked on the icon last try.

The manual ,as usual, is deafeningly silent on this topic : anyone know what the (probably simple but wonderfully well hidden) answer is??

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 2:07 PM

Go into the material room and select the Ground.  Down at the bottom of the nodes make sure Shadow Catch Only is unchecked as this will keep the ground from showing.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Colin_S ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 2:40 PM

Sopt on, VL, many thanks. 

I knew somebody would know it. Membership of a forum like this is worth 10 manuals

jjroland ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 6:46 PM

You have to host your image somewhere else to post on these forums (from what I can tell).
I use imageshack.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 7:12 PM

file_376233.jpg

I load them from my desktop ... never had any problems.  That's what the Attach a File: button is for.  The attached image is a resized promo for my Kylie character for V4.  I do think there's a size limit though - around 200 MB or so.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.