Tue, Oct 22, 9:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Miki and her hands.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 10:30 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:50 AM

It you've ever tried applying an old Pose to Miki, that Japanses woman available from Content Paradise, you have have noticed some odd things happening with her fingers and thumbs. The reason is that her hands are meshed and rigged with a zero position close to the normal relaxed position, fingers slightly curved. Limits are also set, so that when you want a straight finger you can't bend them back too far. There are dials to control finger bends as a whole, but it does mean that all those convenient hand poses come out looking very odd. It occurs to me that the offsets in the zero positions could be used in a Python script to adjust a hand-pose.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 11:03 AM

i have been fussing with Miki's hands also, because of another issue. I think her knuckles are too prominent; when any sort of a quality shadow gets on them, all her joints look swollen. I've tried tapering the various parts, but that just makes a mess. For a single frame, you can pose the fingers just right so the prominent knuckles don't glar out, but for animation it is a drag. ::::: Opera :::::

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 2:34 PM

file_326994.jpg

Some hand poses (especially for V3) do something weird with the xTran, yTran or zTran parameters of the fingers, making her hand look broken. Since the trans dials are hidden on the fingers, you have to hack the .pz3 or .cr2 to fix them. Or apply a ZeroTrans hand pose. You can save the attached text file as ZeroTrans.hd2 in your Hands library - it will ONLY zero out the Trans parameters in all fingers, leaving the rest of the parameters untouched.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

jarm ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 4:33 PM

Cool, seems to work very well, appreciated.

Tunesy ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 4:47 PM

Very nice. Thanks, svdl.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 6:10 PM

Ah ! Good ! Will this also work for Koji, because he seems to have that situation as well.

Eternal Hobbyist

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 6:15 PM

That hand pose works on every Poser figure that follows the finger naming conventions of Poser. So - every human figure. I haven't tried it yet on the Millenium Dragon, or the DAZ Troll, but I guess it would work on those too, probably with a warning (the DAZ Troll only has three fingers, the hand pose assumes 5 fingers).

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

linkdink ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 10:25 PM

svdl, many thanks! that zero trans file is very useful indeed! much appreciated!

Gallery

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2007 at 11:41 AM

Quote - You can save the attached text file as ZeroTrans.hd2 in your Hands library - it will ONLY zero out the Trans parameters in all fingers, leaving the rest of the parameters untouched.

Uhmmmm I'm not seeing an attached file...
Would someone tell me where it is please?

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2007 at 11:45 AM

Ooop must have been because I was using Firefox....I switched to Explorer and see it now.😕

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2007 at 12:29 PM

All I see in IE is the little red Missing graphic X it threw me for a few minutes that that was the text  attachment. I just woke up though. Thanks Svdl.

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2007 at 1:15 PM

Yeah I just see the x also, but the info is there.  It wasn't using Firefox for whatever reason.

Jimdoria ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 12:08 PM

Yeah, in Firefox is shows up as a broken JPEG, and if you right-click you get "Save as Picture."

But if you rename the file from .jpeg to .txt while saving it, when you've got it on your machine you can open it up in a text editor and you'll be all set.

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.