Sat, Sep 21, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can CAR5 Unwrap an obj..

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 2:20 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 10:28 PM

Im wondering if CAR5 can unwrap a object as it is..
Uvmapper screws it up so i need to find a other way to do it..
I mean no matter how the obj is place in the 3d Universe it should unwrap it flat...

Can CAR 5 do that .. i have Car 5 'not pro" so it can save me from buying a new modeler 😉

Thnx
Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 2:27 PM

BarCode Carrara's UVMapping is more primative than UVMapper so it's not capable of unwrapping any thing beyond say Cylindrical or 4 sided maps. Hexagon has a much more advanced system of unwrapping UVMaps, but does have a few quirks if you own it (I hope this is one of the improvements we'll see included in the next Carrara version).

As an alternative here is UVLayout, still in BEta so it's free with registaration until the final version comes out. It does a decent job, a little better than Hex in some areas, not as good in a couple. watch the videos as it have a hard interface (well no real interface just hot keys really) so it can be a bit difficult to learn. I'm still trying to figure out some of it.

mike

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 2:35 PM

Thnx man for bringing tha sad news 😉 ....
Now i know i have to nock over a bank... only MAX can do it as far  i know...
And im so not wanting to cash out more for programs that dont deliver 
I have HEX and CAR and SHADE and non of them can do a good job in texturing ... such a bloody shame like all we need is a modeler and the textures are 3th on the list...

Thnx again 

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 3:22 PM

Crap! Sorry man, meant to leave you a link to UVLayout! Here it is...

http://www.uvlayout.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

At this point it's pre-release price is pretty reasonable, but again it's not perfect, but the programmer seems to be trying to get it there.

Haven;t use MAX so I can;t say how it works, I know from a friend that Cinema4D is coming with Boby Paint included, but again I have no first hand knowledge of how they work. 

I stumble thru with Hex and UVmapper, but I'm seriously concidering UVLayout..

mike

whkguamusa ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 6:30 PM

You can get some nice results from this:
http://www.pullin-shapes.co.uk/

It's free and works stand alone.
(pc only)

wayne k
guam usa

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 6:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pullin-shapes.co.uk/

Mmm okay i'll chekc it out  Thnx

Oh i made the link clickable 😉

Chris

My Free Stuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.