Mon, Oct 7, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Blender Mentioned in Slash Dot Article.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2007 at 7:47 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 7:31 AM

There is a mention about Blender on SlashDot Titled :

The State of Open Source 3D Modeling

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 7:58 PM

ok...this is the Bryce forum...did you miss?..;) s'ok, I've used it, some.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 3:56 AM

Lol, I think Analog is trying to convert some of the brycers...........

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 4:12 AM

As an aside, I've tried some of the other packages mentioned in the slash dot rant and none of them touch blender from a user perspective, I've never ventured into the code, I'm scared I'll get sucked in and never come out again....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 4:29 AM

I've never used Blender but the Article talked about how it was becoming a leader as far as a Modeling Package.

ysvry ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 4:34 AM

blender is a great free app, didnt I say so a couple of years ago?? :P

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

haloedrain ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 9:55 AM

ysvry, the blender evangelist ;)

I've never written any code for blender, but it wouldn't surprise me if the code base were a bit of a mess.  Then again, it woudn't surprise me if the same were true for Max or Maya: it's something that happens to programs that have been around a while, particularly when they've changed hands.  I've wanted to recode things I've been working on from scratch because of the mess, but with something very feature heavy it frequently isn't worth it because the next release will be missing features, something that isn't acceptable to your end-users most of the time, especially if it's a commercial product.  Actually, I think they have done a bit of that with Blender in the past few years, I remember a few things when I first picked it up being very limited with promises that they'd be back soon and better than ever---and they are!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.