Fri, Oct 4, 11:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Request to merchants re V4 face/body morph injection and remove

PXP ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 5:49 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 1:30 AM

In the early days of V3 a large number of character products had only one morph injection for the figure and face. A lot of people complained about this because they had spent a lot of time developing a character for V3 and wanted to use the merchants texture and face morph only. Things quickly changed and Face Injection and Face Remove, Body Inj and Body REM were added to virtually every new V3 product that appeared on the market.
Some new products that are currently appearing for V4 are going backwards in this respect and are only making one morph injection/remove available.
Please would merchants make separate face and figure injection and remove available in their products so that we can make use of them when we only want to use the face and texture.
pxp thanks for your cooperation

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 6:35 AM · edited Thu, 10 May 2007 at 6:37 AM

PXP - I totally agree. This personally though doesn't affect me as I only use a merchants textures. But for those wanting to use the seperate morphs it can be a pain. 
Just in case any newbies don't know there is a way to just have a face morph on a base body or vise versa when dealing with one inj file. If you just want the head, load the full morph & select the head. Spawn a morph target (it'll be saved in the head) & then remove the full character inj file. Select head again & dial the created head morph to 1.0. I think this is how you do it, it's been a long time!

Zarat ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 6:46 AM

Agreed. If I buy something it should goddamn work and not cause me even more work. >.<

Arvanor ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 6:59 AM

Oh yes this is something that gets on my nerves, too.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 7:20 AM

Quote - Agreed. If I buy something it should goddamn work and not cause me even more work. >.<

No need to get nasty about it.  If the product doesn't state it has a separate head morph, don't buy it. 

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 9:54 AM

**And if the full injection and remove work, then the product does work. Perhaps not exactly in the manner you wish, but it still works.

Perhaps stormchaser was giving you an option for any product you already own that doesn't have a seperate head and body inj & rem. Nice way to say thanks for the tip.**

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 8:33 PM

I lie seperate head moprhs because it is easier to fit the clothes on the people if you do not inject teh body moprhs.

jjroland ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 8:54 PM

/signed.

To me it seems like most things should be standard by now and I'm not sure what's going on.  

The folder problems - this issue, the lack of properly named readmes.  It seems like some kind of quality control on the hub sites could help alleviate some of these concerns -
 though probably not this one in particular.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 9:23 PM

**I can't agree that it is a matter of QC.  If the morphs work as stated, then it does what it claims to do.  Some have the full morph with a seperate head for those who like to use the face, but have an easier time fitting clothing. Some have seperated head and body inj for the same reason. And some have only a full inj for their own reasons. I know I made a character set for Hiro and Aiko3. Both were made with only a full inj simply because the head morph also relied on the" body realistic" morph and without it, it simply did not look right. So perhaps the character not having seperate head and body inj have more to do with the creator's vision of how the character looks in their head and wanting both the body and  head to be as they created it. But this is not anything to do with QC. It's to do with vision.

jjroland ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 9:54 PM

"""though probably not this one in particular"""

yeah that's pretty much what I meant = ) 

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 10:22 PM

**I figured. 

I tend to get long-winded about things at times. grin**

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 4:24 AM

About three weeks ago I bought some hair here - it was inexpensive only $5.00 - but it would not load in P6/P7 and I opened the file in Crimson editor and the code was pointing to the merchants hard drive and Poser 5. I mentioned this in the customer support forum and an admin said the merchant would fix it. Still no fix. I am not happy.

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 10:32 AM

**I saw that thread. I also understand the frustration. Now I'm going to sound like an admin grin and ask if you have contacted the vendor about it? Mainly because the admins do have things slip their mind.

That's a QC thingy. And really easy to fix. IM me if you want help with it.**

AnAardvark ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 2:33 PM

I'll go one further. I would like to see a face injection, a body injection, and, if the body used custom morphs, an approximate injection using standard morphs (useful for posing with clothes.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.