Mon, Oct 21, 9:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Has Victoria and daz figures come to be part of YOUR REAL life??

tebop ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 10:26 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:45 PM

We were gonna get a new co-worker and as soon as i heard her name was Victoria.. i immediately thought V3. he he.. however, turned out she was not v3 shaped. she was overweight. well, i'll imagine v3 with morphs. : ) Anyhow, do you guys have some experiences like this? At work, my place is like a forest filled with trees..and natural growing messy grass. And i always think "he he i can do that in Vue" And i also keep seeing people at work and trying to see if they look like any poser characters. It's fun.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 10:36 AM
Site Admin

I have a dog named Vicky (named after V2). I had one named Michael, but he got stolen a few years ago

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 10:44 AM

you know you're a Poser-holic when...

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

archdruid ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 10:48 AM

Yeah, I get a little of that, a lot..... look at someone, and go... "Hmmm with a few morphs.... "  One other thing I think everyone "here" does, after a while... you watch "something"... TV or a movie.... I even get this with commercials..... "Oh, yeah.... Hmm, that was done in... , (Name almost any app )". Then, too, I frequently do the "That would make a great scene." Lou.

"..... and that was when things got interestiing."

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 11:20 AM

every pretty girl I see I think "great Poser character" or "Her hair would look good in Poser".

1358 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 11:27 AM

I was idly working in the face room one day, when a friend came in and looked at what I was doing and said "Hey, that looks just like Pete" a mutual aquaintance, then we went through a bunch of morphs I had done, and started picking out people we knew....... started getting freaky because I wasn't trying to re-create people I know, the faces just seemed comfortable to work with.... ah the subconscious makes fools of us.

andrewe_665 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 11:44 AM

file_377207.jpg

A friend of mine created a blog with a diary of an imaginary person, she uses a Victoria character I created as her page photo,

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 12:09 PM

I used Poser to draw some girlfriends...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 12:26 PM

I'm in love with my Apollo morph, LOL!

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 12:48 PM

Oh, and ... one of my brothers is Miguel (Michael) and one of my sisters is Victoria... :lol:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 12:53 PM

Poser has replaced the blow up doll...Mahahahahahaha!

My Facebook Page

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 1:00 PM

Yeah, when I see beautiful twenty-something women at the mall, I start wondering... would they think I'm a total pervert if I asked them to let me photograph them for a new texture base...
I think I'll be creating a lot of textures of my dog and cats.... LOL

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 1:40 PM · edited Fri, 11 May 2007 at 1:40 PM

When in your mind, every tall, attractive girl/woman that you meet is named 'Victoria' -- then you've got an obsession.

It is kind of funny -- most all of the attractive women that I know have appropriate names to accompany their looks -- Tara, Jacqueline, Erica, Jennifer, Bernadette, Talena and so forth.  You don't meet very many Mary's or Jane's.

But one thing that I've learned over the years: they're all named Victoria.  The difference being that the one in the computer doesn't have a mind of her own.

But that's alright.  I'm married to the one that counts.  And her name isn't Victoria.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 2:00 PM · edited Fri, 11 May 2007 at 2:01 PM

Well, my wife is a total babe, at least to me, and many people that see her think she's 5- 8 years younger than she is (next year she turns 50) and I too am married to the one that counts. Hehehe her name's not Victoria either.

My Facebook Page

Poppi ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 2:24 PM

would they think I'm a total pervert if I asked them to let me photograph them for a new texture base...

I haven't been using much Poser lately....but, I actually do ask folks if I can take pics for textures and references.  No one objects.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 2:49 PM

Quote - Well, my wife is a total babe, at least to me, and many people that see her think she's 5- 8 years younger than she is (next year she turns 50) and I too am married to the one that counts. Hehehe her name's not Victoria either.

Same here.  My wife and I went to the same university -- but we didn't actually meet until about 8 years later.  She was a part of the upper social tier in college, put there because of her looks and her personality combined.  To this day, she's still far, far better in social situations than I am.

I've had the experience of someone looking at her, and then looking at me, and then looking at her.......the question which followed was "What did SHE marry you for?" :lol: 😉

We've also got an 'international marriage'.  She's a northerner, and I'm a proud southerner.  But that's OK -- so long as her passport is kept up-to-date and in order: they allow her to travel freely when she's south of Maryland.

Believe it or not -- I actually liked living and working in Boston for a little over a year.  Massachusetts, no less.  I don't have a noticable southern drawl (although many of my relatives have heavy southern accents).....so I could almost pass as a native up there.  Or at least as a midwesterner.  I even learned how to say "Park the Kar-r-r-r", and sound like I was talking through my nose at the same time!  Just like the Bostonians do.  It's an amazing thought -- but up there, people don't even laugh at you for talking like that.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 3:14 PM

Quote - would they think I'm a total pervert if I asked them to let me photograph them for a new texture base...

I haven't been using much Poser lately....but, I actually do ask folks if I can take pics for textures and references.  No one objects.

I suppose that the reaction that you're likely to get largely depends upon who you are -- and what you look like.  These days, oftentimes someone who's walking around in public with a camera is instantly regarded with suspicion.

I've done public photography (sports, other events) in a professional capacity in the past.  One thing that you quickly learn in those circumstances is that there are people who are absolutely phobic about having their pictures taken at all -- not to even consider the idea of doing it for texture reference purposes.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 3:53 PM

Quote - would they think I'm a total pervert if I asked them to let me photograph them for a new texture base...

Hmm... I haven't gotten that brave yet. I may start with experimenting on friends and acquaintances first...

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 4:16 PM

I've only been doing this since mid-December, and I have yelled screamed and cussed at V3, called her a freaking B, more then once. Then when she behaves, doesn't jump around, poses easily, etc, etc...I caught my self saying out loud last week, "you've been so nice today, if I could take you out to dinner tonight, you know I would!" Geesh, shes worse then having a pet dog or cat!

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 4:43 PM

LOL, as long as in the middle of the night those of us whom aren't single are caught exclaiming ...ooooh Apollo... or Ooooh Victoria...  
Or guys start looking for a 'joint limits - off' setting on their RL girlfriends  ;)

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 5:23 PM · edited Fri, 11 May 2007 at 5:24 PM

I'm glad I do have a real life...and V3 isn't part of it and never will be. Reading some of this, I'm very glad she's not a part of my life at all. If I start becoming like some of you, it''s time to dump Poser and get a life.... a real one.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 10:59 AM

suppose that the reaction that you're likely to get largely depends upon who you are -- and what you look like.  These days, oftentimes someone who's walking around in public with a camera is instantly regarded with suspicion.

I'm pretty well known by sight around here.  I did have a bum scream at me for "taking his picture", when actually, I snapped a picture of a very large aikido (with the owner's permission), that was standing off to the side of the bum.  go figger.

Also, I live in Florida in a tourist town.  Many folks are walking around ready to snap...pictures, that is.  Not much snapping anything here, for the last week.  The smoke is awful.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 12:44 PM

Some people get really upset about having their pictures taken.  I've gotten that reaction several times in public.  For example, I once took photos at an "airplane pull" event for my company.  Several companies were competing against each other to assemble teams of employees and have them pull a 737 jet with a rope across a tarmac.

At one point, I was shooting pictures of the airplane & the people around it from a good distance, so I was using a 300mm telephoto lens.  I snapped a series of photographs.  When I was done, I took the camera away from my eye and noticed a man nearby in the crowd giving me a poisonous look.  At first I was confused by this, until I realized that I had been shooting pictures while aiming over and past his adolescent daughter -- the girl was standing slightly in front of me.  Apparently, he'd gotten the idea that I was photographing his daughter, and not the aircraft beyond her.  It would have been tough to photograph someone who was standing 5 feet away with a fully-extended 300mm lens which wasn't even pointed at her -- but he didn't seem to realize that.

shrug  Nothin' happened beyond a dirty look.  But such are the risks which you accept these days when you are taking photographs in public.

I've also had others react negatively in similar situations.  Most all of them were just people who were extremely paranoid about having their pictures taken: for any reason or under any circumstances.  I've even known people who got very upset about having their picture taken at a family birthday party or picnic -- by their own relatives.

But there's one thing which all of these people are all failing to realize: and that is in today's world -- at least in western nations -- your picture gets taken all of the time, everywhere you go.  You just aren't conciously aware of it.  Those cameras located in the dark domes in the ceiling of the clothing store aren't just there for show.  Neither are the cameras in the ATM machines, or the cameras in the parking lots and on the streets.  Privacy is a thing of the past.  And it's getting worse............

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.