Wed, Oct 2, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: How long have you been Poser-ing?

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 6:39 AM
Online Now!

2004 ?  I started with Poser Artist, methinks.

Eternal Hobbyist

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 6:43 AM

Played around a little with the P4/PP demos, liked it, and decided to go for the full product. This was only a month or so before P5 was released, so I decided not to buy P4/PP, but preordered P5. Must have been early 2003 or so.
Since then I upgraded to P6 and P7.
My interest in 3D started with Bryce. Version 2 came with a computer magazine (can't remember when). 

Funny thing is, I almost immediately started with dynamic cloth and dynamic cloth creation.

I still have to learn a lot about Poser, especially about the material room, hair room and face room.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

DAD ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 4:50 PM

Bought a copy of Poser2 from a computer store that was going out of business. Built my first original character using P2 using the body replacement technique. All the parts were created in a software package called Arena3D and imported into Poser as DXF objects. Individually alligned to the correct body part and then replaced one at a time to create a new character. So I can officialy say I've been creating original content for Poser since version 2. When P3 came out I jumped into using PHI files and quickly figured out how to make fully functional original characters. My first full character that I offered for free to the Poser community was Anti Pasto, an alien bipedal ant creature. At that time most people were only doing sinple props for Poser and, although I cannot confirm it, I believe it might have been the first original Poser character offered online for download. The website I offered it on was shut down after three days due to bandwidth draw ... ah, those were the days. LOL 

Dajadues ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 5:13 PM · edited Fri, 20 April 2007 at 5:20 PM

Hmm, for myself, since the orginal P4 came out but I was never a Poser fanatic in the first place. I started with Bryce and a few other apps like Studio Max. I'm not a noob however, I've been doing this as a hobby for many years.

madmaxh ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:19 PM

I started when I bought Poser 2, way back in the mists of time. I was a young man, then. *P

BAM ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:56 PM · edited Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:57 PM

Poser 1 Beta.  Reviewer.  Had to download it.  Received disks sometime later

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 7:15 PM

Since Poser2. It's a sickness. LOL. :biggrin:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 8:25 PM

1997, Poser 2, got it for free. Sucked at it, Poser 3 came out, didn't suck quite as much at it. Then I leapfrogged to Pro Pack and have steadily upgraded ever since. Now using Poser 7.

Joined Poser Forum Online sometime in the late 90's, mostly for the free stuff. Remember when everything went haywire and PFO became Renderosity. Yes, that's right, folks. Criticize us all you want, but if it wasn't for Poser this place would likely not exist. :biggrin:

Neener.

I remember when RDNA went up, when Poser Pros went online (joined very early on), and I also remember when the original Renderotica was the adult section of Renderosity. I remember when Animotions was the 3D Comic Collective, and a few years ago talked to co-founder Maximum Impact on the phone in a tech support situation with his internet. Like'ta died!

I also remember when Radio Free Ironbear was at 3D Arena, with the good company of Dodger, Spinner, IB himself, and a motley crew of wonderfully sarcastic, intelligent folks.

My join date here doesn't jibe because I had a different logon that I abandoned for this one when I decided to "delurk" and upload something to my gallery. That first render is long gone. Grant you, my gallery isn't huge, but RL gets in the way of a GOOD time, y'know? :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm done reminiscing. Someone else can have a turn at it now. 😄

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

DAD ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 8:31 PM

What ever happened to Quill?

Richabri ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 11:31 PM

Oh jeez, I forgot about Poser 2! I started with it in 1998 but didn't like it much. Poser 3 was such a vast improvement so I finally got serious about Poser with that version but it wasn't until Propack was released that I got fully involved with content development and everything.

All in all it really has been a long time - where did the years go? :)

• Rick

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 3:36 AM

I started 2001 with Poser 4. bB

Talos ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 8:57 PM

Since Poser 1. Either 1995 or 1996, I can't remember. It came on about 4 floppies at the time.
CD ROMs were still a bit new.

LanceB ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 12:46 PM

I, like Kalon bought Poser 1 as a pre-order from a computer catalog. I thought I could use it to design people doing exercises for my Physical Therapy Clinic. It was too cumbersome and the figures were too geeky for that purpose. I kept buying upgrades but not using it much until I started writing a medical book. I did some illustrations with Poser but mostly used it for diversion and stress relief from writing. Once I started to add up how much I have spent on Poser stuff but when I got over $2000 I decided I didn't really want to know!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.