Mon, Oct 21, 10:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Super Quick Question on Pose files

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 9:29 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:40 PM

Greetings all, 

Just a quickie question for the unenlightened (namely me). :tt2:  Ok, trying to tame my runtimes again and didn't have the foresight to do this with V4...Now I'm trying to put everything in sub folders for her.  Starting with the body poses.

What I'm trying to figure out is are there more then one folder attached to poses?  I can find them all in the library section, but, are there others tagged in the different folders in the runtime?  I've looked in the various folders, but, didn't see anything I recognized with belonging to the poses.   I don't want to move something that has additional files I might be over looking.

Thanks for any help and advice

StevieG

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 9:48 PM

MAT poses typically refer to stuff in your Textures folder... is that the kind of thing you mean?

My Freebies

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 10:14 PM · edited Sat, 12 May 2007 at 10:14 PM

No, I meant the body poses, but, I just realized like a fool, I could open a zip of various poses and see what the file structure was!  DUH!!  I was about to come back and delete this thread, but, it might help someone else who might be thinking the same thing.

For the body poses there are:

runtime/libraries/pose

Pose folder - by name
Face folder - expressions (some go with characters, some are stand alone and some go with the body poses)
Hands 

Those are the only ones I could identify for the body poses.  If there are others or if I'm missing something please please please correct me, beat me and yell at me.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 10:15 PM

If you are referring to poses that change the pose of the figure and not the textures, then there should only be files in the "Pose" folder.

However, if you are referring to the types of pose files called MAT POSE files that add textures to a figure, then there are files found in the Textures folder too, and sometimes the "Reflections" and sometimes "Materials".

What I tend to do when trying to delete or sort out files that I have lumped together is to dig out the original zip or .exe and unzip or install it to a folder on my desktop, and then look through it at the same time as I look through the runtime to find the files. That way I don't go wrong :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 11:25 PM

You got it right. Face/expression, hands and the main pose file. But, I don't know if you were around before P5. We started to use the camera folder. Changing pz2 to cm2. We did this when the pose file got to big and was a pain to read. 

If anyone still has a P4 runtime, like me, check the camera folder. You might be surprised at the goodies you may have forgotten.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2007 at 2:06 PM

I stuffed my P4 Camera folder full of poses... mats and poses. Plus I put  files together and rename the folder (Dogs&Cats). I'm a pose junky. So much so, that I did the same in ProPack.

When I found out that you could install P4 in every partition of your hard drive, I had three going -Daz, RDNA, Renderosity. They all worked fine on a Win98 PC. That was years ago, during the V2 era.

P4 is rock solid.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2007 at 4:46 PM

I have P4/5/6/7 runtimes all connected. I do need to do some more spring cleaning on these older runtimes.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2007 at 7:58 PM

It might be that the OP is referring to pose files that call other pose files to do some work using a "readScript" statement. Like the INJ and REM poses of the Millenium 3 figures.
The first version of the V3 MakePack assumed that the end user did not move the !INJ and IREM folders within the Pose libraries - so they didn't work when I moved those to a more sensible place in my P5 runtime.
Later versions of the V3 MalePack didn't call the library poses, instead they called the ChanVis and Delta poses that reside outside the Pose library directly, which is a much better solution.

To answer the question: the V4 poses do not suffer from that original V3 Male Pack problem. So you can move all V4 pose folders around within your Pose library structure. No problem.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.