Thu, Sep 19, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: v 4.1 eybrows

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 11:59 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:27 PM

I have tried to make the eybrows visible but nothing changes. someone have any tips on how to use the eybrows?

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 12:47 PM

After you make them visible you need to change their diffuse color in the Material Room and use a transparency map with them.

~ Meow ~

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 1:20 PM

yeah I did try that. I used a v3 eybrow map and changed the color to black. that did nothing

surreality ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 1:32 PM

V3 and V4.1's eyebrows are mapped differently, so the placement is probably not right for them to appear when using a texture from V3 on V4.1.

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 1:32 PM

file_377316.jpg

After loading Victoria 4.1, go to the figure's Body Parts List above the Parameter Dials and select "eyeBrow"

~ Meow ~

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 1:34 PM

file_377317.jpg

Then go look under the Properties for eyeBrow and check "Visible"

~ Meow ~

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 1:39 PM

Then go into the Material Room and change the Diffuse Color of the Eyebrow material to whatever color you want and set the specular and highlight to black-each with a value of "0".

Then add a transparency map for V4.1 (not V3) brows and turn the transparency value to 1.0

~ Meow ~

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 1:41 PM

file_377319.jpg

Here is a template for V4.1 brows I just exported out of UV Mapper.

~ Meow ~

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 1:43 PM

file_377321.jpg

Here is an example of how it would look in Photoshop when overlaying Snow Sultan's V4 face seam guide.

Hope this helps :-)

~ Meow ~

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 3:03 PM

All these problems should change once I've remapped V4.1 to V3's texture configuration.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2007 at 5:19 PM

I am looking very forward to your V4.1 remap!

~ Meow ~

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2007 at 1:02 AM

ok. where do i put the trans map? and what is the NODE called???

Since im norwegian i hope my question makes sence to english speaking/writing people

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2007 at 1:12 AM

The reason why im asking these questions is because im not able to find a trans map node ANYWHWERE in the material room

surreality ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2007 at 1:28 AM

If you're looking at the 'simple' setup in the material room, you'd want 'transparency'. You can click on the square to load the image you want to use for transparency. In the advanced tab, it's the line that says 'transparency'. You want to create an 'image_map' node to attach there (black background, black for what should be invisible, white for what you want seen, shades of grey for partly transparent things). Also connect this image_map to 'transparency_edge', which should be below 'transparency'. Set this to 0.0. You will also see 'transparency_falloff', and by default this is set at 0.6 -- set this also to 0.0 for best results with eyebrows.

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2007 at 4:07 AM

ok. thanx surreality. seems it's playtime...

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2007 at 2:57 PM

i have bought numerous textures for V4 but i dont think any of them have updates for V4.1

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

dasquid ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2007 at 5:04 PM

Nope  and Texture creators just keep painting on pubes and brows as always  I don't think I have seen but maybe 1 V4 texture that came with an option for no pubes or brows.

(feel free to correct me if anyone knows of more that have none)

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2007 at 7:01 PM

Quote - Nope  and Texture creators just keep painting on pubes and brows as always  I don't think I have seen but maybe 1 V4 texture that came with an option for no pubes or brows.

This was the case for V3 as well, she had transmappable brows from the start and the majority of texture artists didn't use them and painted right on the skin.  Choice is a good thing but it was curious how many people made a big deal about V4.0 not having transmappable brows.  shrug :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2007 at 8:14 PM

What, v 4.1 does have transmapped brows? Downloaded the update, haven't looked at it yet.

Personally, I thought it was in improvement to remove the brow thing - makes you have to learn how to do sh*t on your own if you want something different, as opposed to the double-click, there-ya-go, instant gratification, non-thinking, no-effort  way of the customer of Posercrud.

Hmmm, thinking about it, why eliminate it in the first place? Maybe people buy it, buy some textures, see a problem... I.can't.change.eyebrows...aaaarrrgggghhhhh!  waaaahhh
[enter The Fix]

Along come some new eyebrow textures for sale to go with the fix?

Nah, I'm sure it was just overlooked, based on the fact that most of the people who buy Vicki.x stuff are fully capable of making their own eyebrows. 😉

SnowSultan ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2007 at 8:17 PM

I uploaded exactly what CeeBee made by overlapping my head seam guide with the eyebrow guide to Free Stuff a couple of days ago but it still hasn't been posted. You can do it yourself in the meantime if you can't wait though.   :)

SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

dasquid ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 12:22 AM

Quote - > Quote - Nope  and Texture creators just keep painting on pubes and brows as always  I don't think I have seen but maybe 1 V4 texture that came with an option for no pubes or brows.

This was the case for V3 as well, she had transmappable brows from the start and the majority of texture artists didn't use them and painted right on the skin.  Choice is a good thing but it was curious how many people made a big deal about V4.0 not having transmappable brows.  shrug :)

On V3 I did use the transmapped brows and I believe I complained about the painted on brows back then too but I almost always had to clone them out in photoshop.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.