Fri, Sep 27, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: VueTools Released

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2007 at 11:45 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 8:22 AM

Just wanted to mention I've finally gotten around to releasing VueTools. Only works with Vue6-Infinite. You can learn more about it at:
www.vuetoolbar.com/

A huge helping of thanks to Wabe and Dave Burdick for helping me over the past 6 or so months in developing this. Also, I have to thank the many wonderful beta testers which have helped over the past couple of months.

Hope this new set of Python scripts helps others as much as it has helped me.

best,

Chipp Walters, Altuit,  Inc

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2007 at 10:15 AM

Wow, now if someone could only come up with a method of modifying point,edges,and faces we'd have a modelling app as well. This is an amazing collection of scripts and seems quite inexpensive. Looks like a must have for anyone who creates their own content from within Vue. Kudos to the creators.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2007 at 2:49 PM

These are a lot more than just modelling additions. Chipp asked me for a quote and I easily can repeat it here.

These tools have changed my way to work with Vue a lot, some of the things I always wanted are here now. Scaling things to the same scaling factor, a user interface window that allow even the addition of other python scripts like SkinVue, one click working view centering of items, to name only a few.

Things I already can not imagine how I worked without them. Thanks so much Chipp.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

jc ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2007 at 9:04 PM

Aha! Another cool tool from Altuit!

Thanks Chipp - just got it and looking forward to learning.
You're the master at modeling inside Vue, as i see from your many very complex but photoreal Sci-Fi scenes.

While i'll keep modeling in Silo 3D ('cause that's how i learn modeling best), there are often times when i also need what this tool offers.

lam2 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 3:10 PM

Wow, this sure is an amazing tool.
I just went ahead and purchased it myself.  I could'nt help it.
The price is very reasonable too.
I'm going to be busy...

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2007 at 11:57 PM

Just thought I'd mention there's already an update to VueTools. Wabe found a bug where SkinVue users who try and launch SkinVue AFTER VueTools has been launched, end up seeing the VueTools palette. It's fixed and all you need to do is relaunch VueTools Manager and it will auto-update for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Chipp

chrispoole ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 1:08 PM

I agree with everyone else, top marks for your products, truly innovative and superbly implemented and your renders are the most realistic I've seen within Vue, top man Chipp.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 4:42 PM

Wow.  LWCAD is $295.99.  This one for Vue looks like a steal by comparison.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

sirenia ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 7:04 AM

Bought it and tried it out. This is indeed a very helpful tool for Vue !! This tool saves you A LOT of time when modeling in your favorite app !! Thanks for making this script Chipp 👍 Wim

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

SteveCat ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 2:38 PM

Why won't  this work for Esprit 6

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 3:59 PM

Quote - Why won't  this work for Esprit 6

Esprit doesn't have Python.
You (currently) need either Infinite or XStream.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.