Sun, Oct 6, 10:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Dallas Area Kitty Needs Good Home

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 9:43 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:20 AM

Anyone in the Dallas area willing to adopt a beautiful kitty? 

You can read her story here

She is a stray kitty that is declawed and needs an indoor only home.  Someone is currently looking after her, but they cannot keep her so they are looking for a home for her.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 9:49 PM

Oh how sweet.. I wish I could take her but my son is very allergic to cats and plus can't have pets where I live but I hope someone comes to her rescue

darth_poserus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 9:53 PM

Damn, 

If I sitll lived in the dallas ft worth area I'd take her in.

She's a beautiful cat. I hope whomever is taking care of her now, can find a good home for her.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 9:58 PM

Do either of  you know anyone who could?

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 10:01 PM

Ask Jumpstartme2 Acadia.. She lives in Texas (forgot which city) but she might know someone if she can't take her in herself.  Just a thought.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 10:08 PM

Thanks.  I sent her a PM with a link to this thread. 

darth_poserus ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 3:37 PM

Naw acadia,

I lived out there about 20 years ago, and have lost contact with all the peeps I knew out there, sorry.

Darth

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 11:27 PM

Unfortunately I can't take her, but I do know someone in Dallas/Ft Worth that I can ask. 😉

{and Im in Conroe just outside Houston Stac 😄}

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 11:48 PM

Thanks Jumpy!  

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 12:27 AM

No problem, not sure if they can help, but Im all for asking as that pretty kitty needs a good home 😄

~Jani

pearce ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 4:38 PM

Declawed??  I've heard of this practice.  But what kind of veterinarian would carry out such mutilation?

Hope the cat finds a good home though.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 4:47 PM

Yea, vets take out the front claws to keep them from tearing up furniture and so on when they 'knead'...they leave the back claws however for defence 😉

~Jani

pearce ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 4:05 AM

Attached Link: http://www.declawing.com/

QUOTE..* ..you should know that declawing is pretty much an American thing, it's something people do for their own convenience without realizing what actually happens to their beloved cat. In England declawing is termed "inhumane" and "unnecessary mutilation." I agree. In many European countries it is illegal. I applaud their attitude.*

Before you make the decision to declaw your cat, there are some important facts you should know. Declawing is not like a manicure. It is serious surgery. Your cat's claw is *not a toenail. It is actually closely adhered to the bone. So closely adhered that to remove the claw, the last bone of your the cat's claw has to be removed. Declawing is actually an amputation of the last joint of your cat's "toes". When you envision that, it becomes clear why declawing is not a humane act. It is a painful surgery, with a painful recovery period. And remember that during the time of recuperation from the surgery your cat would still have to use its feet to walk, jump, and scratch in its litter box regardless of the pain it is experiencing. Wheelchairs and bedpans are not an option for a cat.

*Don't do it folks, or at least read through at the link first.. ;)

darth_poserus ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 8:55 PM

Why would someone want too declaw a cat? They have about a million different kinds of scratchting posts. And if one can't afford to buy one, making one isn't all that hard at all. 

Free the freebies!

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 1:22 AM

Yup, wrap a slip of carpet around a wooden post and instant scratching post 😉

~Jani

darth_poserus ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 8:25 PM

Any news? Did she find a good home yet?

Free the freebies!

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 9:01 PM

Not yet :(

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 2:43 PM

I haven't heard back from my contact yet either :sad:

~Jani

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 6:21 PM

file_378636.JPG

Here's a pic of a newborn feral kitten that we have by our house.  Such a cute one too.

Don't know yet if it's male or female.

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 6:37 AM

do NOT look at me

here now we have Billy the Hound. Smiley the Hound. Smoki the Princess Cat. Kaos II the Mumma Cat.

6 Kittens : Bear (keep) Muggins (keep) Scar (home wanted) Smudge (hw) Ghost (hw) Woody (hw)

and now Ruby the Pup......

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 7:08 PM

Khai I just noticed your sig.

Very funny.

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 7:08 PM

Khai I just noticed your sig.

Very funny.

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 9:14 PM · edited Sat, 02 June 2007 at 9:25 PM

Quote - Here's a pic of a newborn feral kitten that we have by our house.  Such a cute one too.

Don't know yet if it's male or female.

i've got 6 kittens that look like that one ardiva.  I actuall have to find homes for 10 kittens - this is also going to have to be the last time I take in strays I've just become so allergic over the past few years that I'm constantly sick with them around :-(

Pearce, I worked in a Vet hospital and I;m adamantly against declawing - in fact when finding homes for cats I will never let them go to anyone who says they will be declawing.

That said I do know of a less "selfish" reason  for declawing - other than to save furniture.  Older people often have cats as companion animals but some of them have very thin skin as they age and the cat scratches - even playful ones can be harmful

Some people declaw because they have had or are afraid they will have cat scratch disease - especially older individuals with poor immune systems.

(btw - anyone looking for a cat in central VA - they are all cute and affectionate - gizmo is most likely not available unless a special home is found for her becasue at almost 2 months she is still only double the size fo the 2 day old litter.)

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 9:22 PM · edited Sat, 02 June 2007 at 9:24 PM

file_379153.JPG

Here's a pic of another feral kitten-there's three of them altogether. They are not even weened yet. lol

ps..their mom and dad are small, so I suspect the little ones will be small as well.

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 9:35 PM · edited Sat, 02 June 2007 at 9:36 PM

file_379156.JPG

Here's a pic of all three of them together. They came out from under my porch to see what the heck mom and dad were up to with these here shiny bowls. ;)

(click pic to enlarge)

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 11:12 PM

Update of "Dorothy"

She still doesn't have a forever home, but now she is in a no kill cat shelter.

The girl who was looking after her in her backyard (including having set up tents with sleeping bags and blankets so that she could go in and keep warm and dry when it rained), has taken in six 2 week old kittens to foster.  She said she would do that provided that Dorothy was part of the deal, that they take her in and find her a home.  So they did :)

She sounds like such a sweet kitty that I don't think she will have  problem finding a wonderful home now that she has a whole shelter of people on her side looking for one for her :)

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 9:24 PM

Just to update....

Dorothy has found a forever home!!!!!!  Her new "meowmy" is an attorney and has a 2 year old male cat named "Murray" and when she went to look for a kitty, she fell instantly in love with little Dorothy.

Appaerntly when she arrived at her new home she immediately jumped up on her new "meowmy's" lap for some cuddles.

There was a bit of drama in getting her adopted out though. It seems that for whatever reason one of the employees at the shelter was trying to sabotage the adoption, but the volunteer who had taken Dorothy to the shelter to begin with went and spoke to the director of the shelter and plead her case for Dorothy and about how much "Ms. S.F" wanted Dorothy.  Whatever she said worked and Dorothy went to her new home this afternoon :)

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 11:09 PM

That's wonderful news, Acadia!! HURRAY!!!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 12:45 PM

I'm so thrilled!  I was really rooting for that little kitty!  Apparently "Ms. S.F" has renamed her "Zsa Zsa"...but she'll always be Dorothy for me.

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 3:08 PM

Acadia, I am so glad to hear that. The rest of my day today has been for well you know insert expletives there.......But after hearing that today well maybe today wasn't a total loss.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.