Sun, Oct 6, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser Library Icon Problem.

priss ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 1:02 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

Hello, it’s me again.I have a problem with poser and I’m hoping someone can tell me what’s going on… As stated in the topic I’m having problems with my Poser Library Icon’s (The images that show you what the figure/hair/prop/pose is.)

The problem is some of these icons, ones added lately have gone weird, describing how they appear could be hard so I’ve provided an image below.

(Hope this isn’t against the rules.)

Any help anyone could give me would I would be grateful for.

Dawn.

P.S. This error doesn’t effect all my icons just some of them. 

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 3:59 AM

So what is the error you are getting?  Is this placed in the wrong library?

Dizzi ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 6:59 AM

Was that png originally an rsr file? It looks like the wrong decoding algorithim is used.

silverthornne ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 7:15 AM

It doesn't seem like an error to me. Was that icon different before? It just looks like that's the way the content developer made that icon.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 8:07 AM

I've had the same trouble with some icons but i've never bothered to try to fix them.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

equan ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 8:56 AM

How did the icon look before the error? I don't see anything wrong

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 9:14 AM

if priss is having the same problem i am, it came in that way from the install.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

priss ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 6:36 PM

Tyger_purr: You would be right .

Dawn.

P.S. It would seem the PNG's with errors are ones that don't match the 91 by 91pixel setup that poser uses.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 12:19 AM · edited Wed, 23 May 2007 at 12:20 AM

I remeber P5 saving icons of objects, that looked like screens, when the actuall object was mostly Transparent?

I'm guessing you know you can save these thumbnails, over again, from photoshop?

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 3:19 AM

Some RSRs have a "faulty" alpha channel.

One possible fix is to try converting it to PNG with P3DO explorer.

4blueyes ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 7:47 AM

file_378328.jpg

From what I remember I created the image a .png already and should look like this (see the image). This is really strange :( What poser version it is? Michal 4blueyes

darth_poserus ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 9:54 AM · edited Wed, 23 May 2007 at 9:55 AM

4blueeyes for what it's worth I've had the same problem with some of the thumbs included in freebie items, when using poser 5. 

However since I could still see in most instances, what the item was, it's not been a big thing for me so I didn't really worry about it.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.