Tue, Oct 22, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: What about Tess?

Dr Zik ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2001 at 3:35 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:28 AM

Hi Folks! Vicki 2 is now available (I cant wait till my copy comes in the mail!). Thanks to a slew of digital character artists too numerous to mention, enhancements to Posette, NYW, and Vicki have resulted in a growing family of siblings--Eve, Azura, Millie, Rose, Supermodel, Vicki Petite, and a large clan of Asian cousins, to name just a few. There is also every reason to believe that Michael will eventually be offered in an upgraded version. That leaves only one character in the Zygote/DAZ family who has not been earmarked for an update: Tess. Loosely based (Im guessing) on the Tess Truehart character from the Dick Tracy comic series, Tess was a sort of bridge between the P3 default business and casual figures and the libraries of conformable clothes that appeared in P4. Compared to her younger siblings, her usefulness is significantly limited, largely because of her finite wardrobe and hairstyle. But she can still be purchased at the DAZ store, which leads me to assume that they still consider a viable product. Perhaps Tess can be reworked so that she can serve as a more flexible model for accepting ethnic morphs. This would be particularly useful since an increasing number of Poser artists are now recognizing that there is a broad diversity in the physical features of women of the same race. How about giving her a library of ethnic face morphs? Korean? Egyptian? Slavic? Aborigine? Intuit? Creole? Or perhaps she can offered as a custom model for folks who prefer not do the tweaking necessary to get a realistic-looking Poser child or middle-aged Baby Boomer. Im just thinking out loud. But I hope there are other Tess owners here who agree with me, and that DAZ is listening. Id love to get a better return on my original investment in her. Until then, she stands with arms outstretched in my Poser:Zygote Figures library, waiting for that next call into service that is steadily decreasing in likelihood. Peter (Dr Zik)

Don ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2001 at 4:49 PM

Well, Bless my Tess. I'd like to see morphs for lengthening the skirt or turning the skirt into business style pants. She would be a more useful model. Not all that many biz women wear mini skirts.

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2001 at 8:44 PM

I've never seen anyone use her in an image. I bought her a couple of years ago and I think I used her once. Poor thing. She's sort of the orphan in the family. If someone could figure out how to transmap her hair, it might be helpful. It comes from back in the old "plastic helmet" hair days. Since her outfit is actually a part of her body, there's not much you can do with her other than as an extra in an office setting or something similar. Melanie

black-canary ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 1:26 AM

Re: the hair...can you set her hair material to 100% transparent, with no transmap, and then put a new hair prop on her? In poser 4 anyway that should work.

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 9:00 AM

Canary, her hair is separate, you can remove it. In fact, the download actually puts her hair into the hair folder so you can use it on other characters. It's just that the style is different and it would be nice if it could be transmapped to look more realistic. But it's only one solid layer, so I doubt it would work. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.