Sat, Sep 21, 6:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Help-Adding an animated pose overwrites all previous work?

JimGale ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 11:43 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:43 AM

Hi. In one of my projects, I have 60 frames and I wish to import a mimic pose (with sound) AT the 60th frame. (The pose includes 30 frames). Since I'm at the 60th frame when I double-click to import the pose, indeed it does ask (as it should) it I want to add frames to allow the pose to be added - and I answer Yes. Next, the 60 frames become 30 frames (for the whole thing) and I'm placed at frame 1 with the pose in place. Also, already adding 40 frames to make it 100 and importing at 60 fails too. The question is : HOW can I truly place an animated pose AT a particular frame? Does it have to do with not having sound up to that point? Anyone find this before? Thanks in advance! -Jim Gale

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 12:04 PM

I have asked this since I started. What I've ended up having to do is create and splice them together in Premiere, I have had people tell me how easy it is to go into the editor in Poser to change this but I haven't been able to do it yet. They need to do a regular tutorial on this. Every time I've brought it up I've been made to feel like I'm an idiot for not being able to do it, so I finally quit asking about it. Marque

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 12:17 PM

What is Premiere and where can I get it?

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 12:18 PM

I have spliced poses together within Poser and can not see what you are doing wrong. However my method varies slightly. At the end of the first animation I advance one frame, select the pose and click once on the check mark. I don't double click. Also I have not tried it with sound. If you still end up with your 30 frames, try doing one without sound.
Not, I appreciate a conclusive answer, but hope it helps a little.
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

JimGale ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 12:39 PM

Ok! Got it -> Marque - thanks for confirming I'm not just seeing things and PhilC, thanks for letting me know that it's possible. Mimic creates poses that include a line that RESETS the animation/movie sequence. Here's what you need to do to remove the reset portion and preserve the poses/sound: Just prior to applying your mimic pose: In your runtimelibrariesPoseMimic directory: (1) find and open your new mimic created pose file (the .PZ2 file) in a text editor. (2) locate the heading "movieInfo" - underneath: (3) on (or near) line 12 find a line that begins "numFrames" (4) DELETE THAT LINE - its job is to set the number of frames in the movie. (5) Save the PZ2 file. (6) Apply your pose. Remember : you will need to do this everytime you regenerate your mimic files. I'll let Mimic know about this - it is certainly a bug. Meanwhile, I may just whip up a Python script to do this automatically (how many mimic users have ProPack and want this, btw?). Hope this helps (it did me!). Thanks again! -Jim Gale

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 12:45 PM

Nice detective work folks! & AA, I presume she was refering to Adobe Premier, the video editing software.

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 1:00 PM

Good work Jim,
Another Poser querk nailed to the wall smilie.gif
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 1:10 PM

Now THIS is a thread I'm going to keep. 8^) Adobe Premiere, but there are other less expensive programs out there that do video editing. Marque

JimGale ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 1:16 PM

Sigh - well - that works for pose placement. But it seems that a Poser file can only contain one sound file at a time - perhaps why Lipsinc chose to implement sound this way. I guess a program like Premiere (I use VideoVegas/VideoFactory) is required. If ANYONE knows how to get around this - do please let us know. Thanks, Jim Gale

Bongo ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 7:53 PM

You have to edit the sound files outside of poser. Lets say you wanted characters A & B to talk back and forth in one scene. You make three sound tracks. One with only A, one with only B and one with A& B. Make mimic poses for the seperate A and B tracks. Apply pose A to A character, the pose B to b character - it doesn't matter that the first sound track will be lost, because now you add the A&B sound track that has both dialoges. To do this you need a sound editor, or most video editors can do it. I use Media Studio Pro, and Sound Forge. But there are lots of freeware sound editors that will work.

EdW ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 10:01 PM

I either do as Bongo says above or create a Mimic file with the A&B sound track and apply it to the figures then edit the characters in the animation palette and delete the frames that I don't need for each character. Hope this helps some Ed

EdW ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2001 at 10:10 PM

Also I forgot to add.. Poser always adds the sound file starting at frame 1, so the only way to do what you want is to save your pz3 file under a different name and then copy the poses from the last frame of the animation to frame 1...BTW I always have better luck if I copy the last frame to frame 2 then delete all the keyframes from frame 2 to the end then copy frame 2 to frame 1.. Got of base there for a minute.... Now add your Mimic pz2 to the new animation and put them together in a video editing package. Ed

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 2:16 AM

That is, Poser 5's movie handling system needs alterations to make it more user-friendly.

JanP ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:38 AM

To eliminate the problem of Poser putting the sound file at the beginning frame(frame 1), Just edit your sound file so it has silence infron t of the dialogue for the duration that you require. The sound file will still actually start at frame one. But the actual sound will occur right where you want it to. Of course you need a sound editor for this. Does any body know how to import a BVH, advance to the end of that BVH and import another BVH so it will continue where the other lefyt off in the correct spot? Whenever I import say, a walking BVH and then want the character to walk left or whatever. I import another BVH for that task but it always relocates the Poser character at a point of origin where the BVH was actually created. I tried selecting only the Key frames related to this BVH and repositioning the charcter to near the end of the first BVH but then this always ends up relocating the original BVH. Making it impossible to stitch BVH's together. Long breath.... OK any thoughts other than editing to avis together in a video editing package? JanP

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.