Mon, Oct 21, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Installing a Rendercow for Hyperview, how??

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 7:10 AM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 1:19 PM

Hi all!

I just bought the module Hyperview (i'm on Vue6 d'Esprit) and i am trying to figure how i have to install it.

I installed a rendercow on my second CPU and upgraded it to the current built version. On the main CPU, in the edit hyperview window, i put the name of the other CPU, but it is always shown as "disconnected".

Does someone know what i did wrong?

My Store

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 8:03 AM

Ok, you must install the Rendercows on ALL computers that participate in rendering. Which means in fact, on the computer you are running Vue (host computer) as well.

Then the cows must run of course.

To get a connection to the other cows, my experience is that it is best to enter the ip address(es) of the other computers. And not the names. "Disconnect" in your case could mean in fact that your host computer is not seeing the cows really. Only for the cow on the host computer it is enough to enter the name "localhost" instead an ip address.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 8:28 AM

Ok, i just installed the rendercow also on the main CPU. And now it works!

And you know what? The second CPU is really faster than the main one! It will dramaticly reduce my render times!

Wabe, you rock buddy!!!

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 8:32 AM · edited Mon, 28 May 2007 at 8:40 AM

Another question now:

The second CPU i use is a VAIO laptop with Intel Centrino Core Duo. Does Vue use both processors when rendering?

edit:And also, does the tile rendering option have to be unchecked, or does that not matter?

My Store

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 9:18 AM

Yes, both processors are used when rendering - except when you render a panorama view I think. But this is more a bug when I see it right and reported.

Tiel rendering on or off? I would try it out and see. I normally do not change the settings on it and use the settings as they are here. But I am sure there are different pov's on that.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 9:26 AM

Ok, now, i have to wait til i buy another CPU more powerfull. With that, i will be more productive.
Thanks Wabe.

My Store

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 2:02 PM

I think tile rendering isn't possible with Hypervue now, because it renders to disk, and tile rendering is to screen only. But I might be wrong.

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 2:36 AM

Well, i don't plan to use tile rendering for Hyperview, but just wonder if that makes a difference. I use tile rendering only for previsualisation of my upper settings.

My Store

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 3:14 AM

I have another question:

I saw in another thread that some options don't work with Hyperview, such as "optimize last render pass". What about the others? Which options could not be rendered with Hyperview?
Would "compute phisically accurate caustics" work?

My Store

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 4:33 AM

Yes, this works. Basically, all parameters that are postwork don't work in Hypervue, like hybrid dof & hybrid blur, but these options are not in Esprit, so don't worry too much about it. Optimize last render pass is present in Esprit, and is not Hypervue compatible.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 9:44 AM

Sounds like you got it working, I gave up after several days of trying.  Contacted Tech support who told me I had to uninstall then re-install Vue rather than just getting a rendercow update.  after all the installation trouble I had that's just not an option for me.  I will do without hypervue rather than risk loosing my content or messing up Vue in some unknown Murphy way.  I did learn one thing though, I will never do another pre-release, it's not worth the headaches to me.  I will wait till there is a functional physical CD in a box from this point on.

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 1:32 PM

But you know, there is the physical CD in the box for Vue6, but we always have the impression to run a pre-release, or better, a beta program!!!   :)

My Store

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 6:10 PM

"But you know, there is the physical CD in the box for Vue6"

There is now, I did the prerelease though which was really a form of beta IMO.

Bettie ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2007 at 7:51 AM · edited Mon, 25 June 2007 at 7:51 AM

Hey, I'm having a similar problem with rendering an animation, except my host computer is showing as "Disconnected".  My 2 other computers are rendering right now but my host computer has the fastest processor!  [I have RenderCows running on all 3 computers]

Also, I'm looking at the RenderCow's on the other computers and the status window still has "Waiting for a new job..." even though my host computer tells me they are rendering.  Are they suppose to show the status of the job?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.