Mon, Sep 9, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Merchants, What do they know???

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 12:29 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:27 AM

No, not an attack on merchants [LOL].

I'm curious as to whether or not when you buy an item from XYZ merchant, are they told who has bought it??

I know they'll get sales data, that's not what I mean, I mean do they get told that a specific person has bought their item??

You know if I buy something fom a merchant tonight, will that merchant be told "thefixer has bought -------"

Anyone???

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 12:42 PM

Yep, we get told.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 12:45 PM

I think they probably know whom bought it. 
The telling piece for me is the bonus items, sometimes you get an email or a site mail that says... go to this link... for the bonus item download.
If they didn't know your contact info, how could they send you the extras?  

Maybe there's something set up where they know someone bought it, but not the persons Identity?  Probably not, I do remember buyng stuff, and a merchant addressing me by my name (which was fine by me)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 12:48 PM

Thanx, that answers something for me!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 3:03 PM

We don't know who when a person buys it from CP (other then their log on screen name), wish we could contact them easier then posting to the CP forum.  Sharen

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 3:08 PM

I agree, Sharen.  I've had a couple of buyers through CLCP that only show the user name.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Farside ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 7:22 PM

I bought Alanis Stylez for Alanis Hair package from serpentis through the Content Paradise store instead of here and as part of the package there is a bonus zip you can download.  Unfortunately the link is broken and she won't acknowledge I ever bought the item or fix the broken link.  Now I know why I guess, I just assumed she was a crappy merchant.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 8:06 PM

Maybe if you PM her here?  I get notified of sales from CP all the time.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Farside ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 8:18 PM

I thought that might work too so I messaged her twice here hoping that would do the trick but I get no response.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 8:29 PM

Well, that's inappropriate, IMHO.  I know I respond to everything I get here and, if I have a customer at CP who can't get the bonus I make sure they do.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 10:31 PM

Yep I get the notifications when someone buys my stuff. If they buy it here on Rosity I usually check out thier home page here as soon as I can. I've found some really nice art work that way altho most people (including me!) seem to leave those pages blank.  I always look to see if any of my other stuff is on their public wishlists but I have yet to find any... a shame as I might just suprise someone if I did see something...

CP is another problem, since there is no easy way to contact or look in on those customers. It would be nice..

mike

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 11:39 PM

Quote - I bought Alanis Stylez for Alanis Hair package from serpentis through the Content Paradise store instead of here and as part of the package there is a bonus zip you can download.  Unfortunately the link is broken and she won't acknowledge I ever bought the item or fix the broken link.  Now I know why I guess, I just assumed she was a crappy merchant.

**Did you give her the name used at CP? All we have to go on is the buyers name that starts with CLCP. If so, or if that doesn't work, contact store@renderosity.com and I'll bet they can help you.

Also, you can check and see if she/he ever received the message. Sometimes that happens and the vendor doesn't know.**

Farside ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 12:02 AM

I have the same nickname at both places and other than sending messages that never get answered how do I check to see if she's getting them?  I don't know if she's getting Renderosity messages or not... for all I know she never checks them but to me that would only further make her a bad merchant in my books (maybe she doesn't even speak english herself).
It's not actually that big a deal to me, I just won't be buying from serpentis again, that is all.

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 12:48 AM

Farside, I'm not sure how long ago this occurred but serpentis hasn't been to Renderosity for the last month, so she may not have received your site mail.

I would recommend notifying store@renderosity.com to see if they can help.

Also if you did not already, you can try using the site-to-email feature on her homepage (the very bottom box.)
http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?Who=serpentis

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Farside ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 12:57 AM

Thank you for the suggestions Karen, I'll give them a try. 

Anniebel ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 2:06 AM

We don't get details though, just the user name which links to your public homepage.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 7:13 AM

And I must add that many merchants are so nice to write to their customers thanking them for the purchase and offering advices for the usage of the product.

A very kind act! Much appreciated!

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 8:55 AM · edited Fri, 01 June 2007 at 8:56 AM

thefixer - Yeah mate, all the merchants now know it's you who buys all the sexy characters here.LOL!!!!

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 9:09 AM

But I'm still missing you in there Stormchaser!! 

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 9:12 AM

thefixer - Huh, I don't understand!

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 9:32 AM

Duhh!!  "Sexy Character"  Yourself maybe!!  
Of course you could be a bloke in which case it doesn't apply!!! 

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 9:53 AM · edited Fri, 01 June 2007 at 9:55 AM

thefixer - OH I see. Sorry to disappoint but I am a bloke. I'm afraid my avatar (also maybe the way I write, LOL) has given the impression I'm a lass. My avatar is a custom built character of mine, she's precious so she won't be in the store. NO, truth be told I've got no idea how to put anything together to be sold or as a freebie, so she'll only be in the gallery & on my hard drive for the time being!

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 9:56 AM · edited Fri, 01 June 2007 at 9:57 AM

No Shit!!!

We'll forget that idea then

It was the Avatar, stunning creation indeed!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:03 AM

thefixer - Thanks, my first character is probably still my best. You'd think I'd have improved after all this time wouldn't you, alas not!
BTW, you'll be telling me now that's not you in your avatar, LOL!!

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:16 AM

Of course that's me!! 

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:45 AM

lmfao

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:49 AM

Hey jjroland, I hope your Avatar is more representative of yourself!!
Very pretty!  If not I'm just gonna run and hide!!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:06 AM

Yes that  is me.  LoL.  ty.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:14 AM

Ah! My faith in the internet is restored!!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:15 AM

Eh I don't know if I'd go that far lol, it's still a mighty scary place.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:31 AM · edited Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:32 AM

I'm really Antonio Banderas, honest!  Just look at my avatar! ;)
You guys are too funny!

kalon ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:38 AM

Quote - I'm really Antonio Banderas, honest!  Just look at my avatar! ;)

Yeah, I could tell by those hot, sexy latin eyes... Brrrr.... they just look right through me...  :tt1:

kalonart.com

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:42 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:43 AM

:blink:

kalon ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 11:49 AM

Oh, don't go all googly-eyed on me now! :tt2:

kalonart.com

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 1:15 PM

Oh, wimminz, yes means no, no means yes...  😕

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.