Mon, Sep 9, 4:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Figure Removal

skyjay ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:09 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:07 AM

How do I remove figures from the library on the right side of the screen?
Like the figures I don't really use at all..(poser 1-5,,etc...)
I just have too many things on the side...it's really time consuming when I try to find things in the libray. (scrolling up and down..)
And if I do, will the program still run normally?

Thanks.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:14 AM

skyjay - At the bottom of the library column there should be a + & - sign. Click on the minus.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:16 AM · edited Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:17 AM

Also, if your runtime is becoming large, try to itemise your folders. Split things up into categories so they're easier to find.
eg V3 folder, Clothes folder, Hair folder etc. You can also make subfolders which is useful.

skyjay ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:33 AM

Thank for your reply.

When I click poser 1-5 figure folder it only gives me plus sign (to add) does not give me a minus sign.
When you said to itemise, does that mean I can actually go into runtime folder and delet things and create folder and move items?

Thanks.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:34 AM

I always 'gut' the characters/textures/poses/props that I'll never use from Poser. It slims down the runtime and seems to work faster.  This way I can fill it up with stuff I really like. 

So I don't need to add runtimes...

BillyGoat

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 10:54 AM

If you go to your Poser folder (in C:Program Files assuming you have the standard Windows installation) and then in to Runtimelibraries you'll see the same folder structure that you do in the library. It will probably be easier to delete stuff that way; one big advantage is that it will go into the recycle bin, whereas deleting from within Poser does a permanent delete making it difficult to recover from any mistakes. :scared:

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 3:51 PM

Yes, I start with the geometries, then move to the characters library, then textures, and poses.

I don't really dump them, I move 'em to a CD in case I want something back later.

There is a lot of 'junk' in P6. I want to fill it up with Daz People instead.

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 4:16 PM

Quote - Thank for your reply.

When I click poser 1-5 figure folder it only gives me plus sign (to add) does not give me a minus sign.

You need to select the item in the library you want to delete before the - (minus) sign will show up..  So it's a one by one kind of thing here..

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.