Tue, Oct 22, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Mac system with Windows question for running Poser

kathym ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 11:08 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:54 AM

I know the latest MAC's are now able to run Windows as well - here's my question does or is poser and other windows based programs like Bryce able to use the MAC's larger memory and faster processors??

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 12:08 PM

Windows on Intel Macs is full fledged windows - actually, the hardware architecture of the Intel Macs is identical to PCs. 
If the Mac has 4 GB or less memory, Windows XP 32 bit can use it all. If you have a MacPro with twu Xeon processors, you need XP Professional to make use of both CPUs.
If you have more than 4 GB of RAM, you need XP 64 bit (only available in Pro version) or Vista 64 bit.
Caveat - Apple often uses ATI graphics cards, and ATI drivers for XP Pro 64 bit either don't exist or are totally crap. 
Caveat 2: Most graphic card manufacturers don't have good OpenGL 2.0 support for Vista yet.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 12:41 PM

Mmmm why on earth do you want to run windowzzz on a mac ....
Thats like a porsche with only 1 gear .... 😉

Chris
I have a Mac mini dual core intel ..and it fly's 

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

kathym ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 1:32 PM

Quote - Mmmm why on earth do you want to run windowzzz on a mac ....
Thats like a porsche with only 1 gear .... 😉

Chris
I have a Mac mini dual core intel ..and it fly's 

So I don't have to worry about trying to convert 17 gigs + of poser files.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 2:13 PM

Quote - Mmmm why on earth do you want to run windowzzz on a mac ....

To run software that doesn't have a Mac equivalent?

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.