Sun, Oct 6, 5:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Water Falls for Real

madfishsam ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 2:28 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 7:43 AM

Attached Link: Visit the tutrorial here.

I finished my tutorial on a new technique for making water falls in vue 6!

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 2:36 PM

Very cool.. I almost bought some river splash effects from Cornucopia with my "Anne" Credits still left, and glad I opted for plants instead.

Damned thing is, all the stuff you really want to get from Cornucopia you can't use vouchers on.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

forester ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 3:24 PM

Very cool, madfishsam! I don't think this will put me out of business just yet, but I'm all for anything that extends the capabilities of the Vue world. Especially water. This technique you've created will give people a lot more flexibility, and that's a very good thing! Congratulations on your development of an extremely useful procedure.

jgmart ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 5:38 PM

Excellent tut!  Always wondered how that was done. Thanks!

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 10:41 PM

Great job Sam!
Thanks for the tutorial. It worked very well.

I used a symmetrical terrain for the water, and a VueTools cylinder for the pipe. Worked REALLY well. Thanks again. -Chipp

greenlazer ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 10:47 AM

i havent tried the tutorial yet but i have read through it
is there any way to have an animated water fall in vue

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 11:26 AM

Ooh that's handy to know - I'll have a go at this later

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.