Fri, Sep 20, 7:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Eye Colour ??

Torleon ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 9:15 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:41 AM

Many thanks to those who advised me on my previous questions - all good ! I would now appreciate advise on the most straightforward way of changing the colour of the eye`s, from whatever the default is for a particular figure ( say JessieG2 ). I did download a range of eye colour from Content Paradise, but blowed if I can locate it ! As always, many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. :)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 9:23 PM · edited Sun, 10 June 2007 at 9:25 PM

Eye colours are usually texture maps and not easily changed in Poser.

However, you can mix and match textures for each figure.  For example, I use Vicky 3 lots, and I sometimes use a head morph from one package, a body morph from another, a skin texture from a different one and eyes and lip colour from others.  I sometimes even cross textures from Akio to V3 because  those 2 figures are compatible with each other for textures.

So if you have other texture/character packs for JessieG2, you can pick and choose between other texture packages made for JessieG2.

Also, why not go back to Content Paradise and redownload the eye colours and reinstall them?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2007 at 10:33 PM

It's actually not quite that limited - if you are comfortable moving around in the Materials room, you can change the eye color tremendously (e.g. from blue to green to white to black to whatever color you want, really).
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2927631&ebot_calc_page#message_2927631

This example was applied to hair, but it really is useful for any material, like eye iris color in your case.

My Freebies

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 2:03 AM

You can also take eye texture map from one character and tweak it so you could apply it on another one that the map is not for with a paint program. I use it a lot, and you could grandly increase the number of eye texture maps you can use for one character.

My Store

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 12:13 PM

nobody asked this, but in regard to realistic eye reflections, I noticed a paradox in regard to the realistic eye textures available here and elsewhere. the realistic ones are usually hi-res photos, but this requires a close-up photo with a light source, hence said textures always have a reflection 'burnt-in", meaning it will over-ride any attempts to do a render in which the eye is supposed to reflect the environment of the scene. AFAIK nobody has put their eye down on a scanner and scanned it, to see if that kind of orthographic photo will get a result without a burnt-in reflection. nor would I advise anyone to try it, for obvious reasons.

Torleon ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 4:52 PM

Thanks to all the suggestions and advise - My head hurts !! I will follow up on this, should prove interesting. I am trying not to fall back on my painting skills, which would be an easy solution, but face the challenge of creating digitally that which I would, in the past complete with airbrush inks. Onward ! :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 7:15 PM

MissNancy, that is a huge source of annoyance for me, and it's something the texture vendor should edit out before sale in my not so humble opinion.  I have spent a lot of work digging through my textures trying to avoid all those reflections - sometimes they're in the transmap, sometimes on the iris texture, sometimes on the sclera even!

My Freebies

Tiari ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 3:17 PM

Eye textures you've loaded should be in your "pose" files.  If you cant remember where they are, go back to where you got them and re-download the zip...... then look when the zip opens at the folders to where it would have gone.

Torleon ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 3:42 PM

Thanks Tiari, Will do, when I have five minutes. Still new to downloading to Poser, and even though I enable auto download, they dont always seem to end up in what I would have thought to be the correct place. But hey, what do I know, Im just an illustrator !!

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 3:44 PM · edited Tue, 12 June 2007 at 3:52 PM

So here is all the interest of the ReadMe with all the names of the files. I always put the ReadMes in the same library folder than the product, character, pose...

edit:

I always unzip my download in a new folder, then i cut/paste in the right place. With that way, i can keep my runtime organize as i meant to organize it.

My Store

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 3:52 PM

I wish they would heal or clone out the eye reflections, given that they probly are already using photoshop for their textures, but apparently it's too difficult. either that, or they recognise that most users don't know how to use realistic environments and reflections, nor even realistic lighting and shadows. so most users may not complain about burnt-in eye reflections in the same way that they now complain about burnt-in hair hilites.

Tiari ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 7:39 PM

to download, use winzip.  Download the file and it opens in winzip, then extract and scroll finding your poser program folder (poser 5, 6, 7 whathaveyou).  Tick off "use folder names"and "all files" and voila, they all go where they belong!

Took me forever when i started using it to find out where the stuff went when i put it in and how to get it there so it worked!

Torleon ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 8:41 PM

Thanks again to all advise - very appreciated indeed, should improve my understanding and gain increased happiness !!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.