Mon, Oct 21, 10:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: A Copyright Question.

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2001 at 10:26 AM ยท edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 11:41 AM

I know its illegal to sell products you havent produced ie models etc. But whats the view on selling pictures of poser images made with stuff from the freestuff. This isnt exactly selling the products. Dont worry im not into selling but i friend of mine is and im not sure wether he is braking the law or not. Thanks.

Eowyn ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2001 at 10:38 AM

I think that depends on whether the people who made the stuff allow it to be used for commercial purposes. Personally I don't mind, but some do. Your friend should check the readme files of those items to see what the terms of use are.

Deimos ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2001 at 1:04 PM

I agree with Eowyn, though if you email the person who owns the rights they usually don't mind.

adh3d ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2001 at 3:35 PM

file_173113.jpg

i think the most models creators, zygote, Rem infografica... let you sell or share the renders of their models but not the models. If they dont let you sharing the renders, what is the reason to buy their products?

adh3d website

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2001 at 6:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I thought that would be the case , but i wanted to clear it all up , to make sure he couldnt really get in any trouble. Thanks.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2001 at 6:55 PM

I've been compiling a database of all the downloads I have (both commercial purchases and free stuff offerings) and indicating in a column whether or not it's free for commercial use. This way, all I have to do is consult my list and see. If it says no, I would e-mail the author of the ojbect and ask permission to use in a commercial render. I think it's wise to avoid problems by seeking permission to use something if the readme says "no commercial use" or if there is no readme included in the zip. Please, all you great artists who create things for the free stuff pages, please remember to put in a readme with your name, e-mail address, and whether or not folks are allowed to use them in renders that will be used for commercial purposes (such as a book cover, business ad, poster art, greeting cards, etc.) It would save a lot of time and problems for all involved. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.