Sat, Oct 5, 11:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:25 am)

Subject: what happened to the update for the Bush figure at CP?

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 3:52 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:29 AM

CP had mentioned at one time about updating a Bush head figure to have face morphs, but there's been nothing yet.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 3:56 PM

The figure probably had a 29% approval rating, so the opposition legislature (itself with a 19% approval rating) couldn't get enough votes together to pass the morph package.

Or at least that's my guess.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 4:03 PM

...or they just forgot

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 4:11 PM
EricJ ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 4:45 PM · edited Sat, 16 June 2007 at 4:45 PM

It's now a freebie so I don't expect anything else to be done with it. They probably got too many complaints and got scared.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 5:43 PM · edited Sat, 16 June 2007 at 5:45 PM

Quote - The figure probably had a 29% approval rating, so the opposition legislature (itself with a 19% approval rating) couldn't get enough votes together to pass the morph package.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 6:13 PM · edited Sat, 16 June 2007 at 6:14 PM

Actually, it's not a freebie.  It's still a pay item at CP.

Bush figure

whbos ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 6:37 PM

It's free for Passport members.  I downloaded and had problems getting the head to conform with the body.  I have to parent it instead.  I think the Bush model and the real one have about the same popularity votes.

I wondered about the proposed morphs mentioned quite a while ago.  As was said, there probably isn't much interest.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 6:42 PM

Don't worry -- that 19% legislature will generate a LOT of interest..........yep.  Popularity.  It's the name of the game.

Dajadues ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 8:26 PM · edited Sat, 16 June 2007 at 8:27 PM

Why would you want such a figure? What will you do with it once he's out office a year from now? Maybe that's why it's not selling or moving, free or not, there's no point in it or to it.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 9:24 PM

Quote - The figure probably had a 29% approval rating, so the opposition legislature (itself with a 19% approval rating) couldn't get enough votes together to pass the morph package.

ROFLMAO

You are porbably correct on this line of thinking.

Who know, maybe they are working on Nancy and Harry Figure Heads now?

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

sbertram ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 9:36 PM

It's a lame duck model now

whbos ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 9:43 PM

I wish they had an Abraham Lincoln or Benjamin Franklin Poser model.  Who cares about Bush?

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 10:03 PM · edited Sat, 16 June 2007 at 10:06 PM

Back in Abraham Lincoln's day...........read the contemporaneous papers & look at some of the political cartoons from that time.  Lincoln was frequently called a "baboon" by the press, amongst other similar things.  If agenda-driven, slanted 'scientific' polls had ruled back in Lincoln's day as they do now, then Mr. Lincoln wouldn't have stood a chance.

It was only after his death that Lincoln achieved mythic status: and they built statues of him.

But of course: in the current politically correct era there are history revisionists who want to tear Lincoln's statues back down again.  Chances are, if Lincoln were alive today -- then the current crop would have followed the shining example of their ancestors and regularly referred to A. Lincoln as a "baboon", amongst other similar things.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 11:14 PM

You're all missing the point.  There was supposed to be an update and yet it is not available.  Current politics are not relevant.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 6:28 AM

Quote - CP had mentioned at one time about updating a Bush head figure to have face morphs, but there's been nothing yet.

Yes. It was the lack there of that stoped me from making a purchase. It would be really great to know what is going on with it. I hope it's still in the works.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 7:47 AM

My guess? You'll see the Bush morphs right after CP releases the Face room support for Koji 1.0.

Don't confuse promises with obligations, neh?

M

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 2:59 PM

"You're all missing the point.  There was supposed to be an update and yet it is not available.  Current politics are not relevant."

mickmca has the right answer. Also don't forget how they updated/fixed thier figures. Sometimes you only have to look at the track record to find the answer.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 3:24 PM

Perhaps they'll get around to it -- for all two of the people who probably want these morphs.

If it were me concerned about it, then I'd contact e-frontier directly.

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 3:36 PM

"It's free for Passport members.  I downloaded and had problems getting the head to conform with the body.  I have to parent it instead.  I think the Bush model and the real one have about the same popularity votes."
I don't see that at CP - was it a limited time deal?

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 4:29 PM

My understanding is that poser science is a separate vender...

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 4:43 PM

yup they are.. but why let that spoil a chance to attack CP/EF?

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 4:54 PM

This is not an attack, just an inquiry.

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 4:55 PM

naw not you.. just the usual suspects ;)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 5:57 PM

Am I one of the usual suspects? Cool.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 6:26 PM

well...some folks will never let go of it...I remember some of the comments about Nixon and Reagan when they kicked off...heck, it at least goes back to Cooledges' death, when the Algonquin club noted 'how can they tell?'...;)

Nah,  we'll be trotting GWB every 4 years to elect Democrats until it doesn't work anymore..hoping him a long and inconsequential life..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

9mbi ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 11:49 PM

Attached Link: GW Bush figure.

The full figure is avaible as [ http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=59791now](http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=59791now), of course with morphs.

tainted_heart ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 6:10 PM

Quote - CP had mentioned at one time about updating a Bush head figure to have face morphs, but there's been nothing yet.

Why do you need face morphs? Bush only has 2 expressions...stupid or arrogant. Sorry couldn't resist  ;)

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 9:01 PM

Is this an update to the figure I've already bought... the buyers of the original figure were supposed to get the updates for free or reduced price.

boeing ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 10:51 PM

Hey XENOPHONZ, I know I'm late in this but isnt congress now down to 11% approval? :)  **

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 10:54 PM

I heard they delayed the update because it didn't look enough like a horse's ass.

Drumroll, please!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

9mbi ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 12:19 AM

》Is this an update to the figure I've already bought... the buyers of the original figure were supposed to get the updates for free or reduced price.
——————————————————————————
The new version is a full-featured charactor, with the whole body rigged, all of the face morphs and expressions, and hi-res textures. Yes, previous buyers should get a discount, but Rendo doesn't have such a system in place. After you buy the new version, send us an email to 9mbi.2007@gmail.com, we will send your the suit and cowboy outfit as the discount.

Thanks,

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 12:22 PM · edited Sat, 20 October 2007 at 12:22 PM

Hmm the suit is free to all until October 29 it says....

And I can't help noticing that although a zillion morphs are mentioned, he sports the same facial expression (or lack of same) on all the promos.

I'm not dissing your product, but...er.. I don't think the promos do it justice.

Why is the whole figure selling here and not on CP? Just curious. And usually everything sold here also shows up on CP unless a vendor specifically opts out. So couldn't it be bought at CP with the "real" discount applied?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

9mbi ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 7:29 PM

Hmm the suit is free to all until October 29 it says....
That is only for the suit,and for a limited time. If you have are the previous buyer, both of the suit and cowboy outfit will be free forever.

he sports the same facial expression (or lack of same) on all the promos.
Yes, that is the place we need to improve. Thanks.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 8:03 PM

I don't want him in Office! Why would I want him in my runtime?

My Freebies

9mbi ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 11:38 PM

I don't want him in Office! Why would I want him in my runtime?
The model is there, put him in or out of the office is up to you. :)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 8:42 AM

Will this offer be available at CP?

9mbi ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2007 at 3:10 PM

Will this offer be available at CP?
No, I'm afraid not in the near future.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.