Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Easy Way to Delete Content?

Kaji ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2007 at 1:38 PM · edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 3:41 PM

Is there an easy way to delete content out of your Poser runtime? When you delete an object inside of Poser, it still leaves the geometry and texture files in the directory. I want these gone but I don't want to have to open each file to hunt down the locations.

Anybody know an easy way to do this?

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 10:47 PM

That would be quite cool to be able to do.
Something like a ADD?REMOVE programs list.
When I install DAZ stuff I say yes to the un-installer option, but have never tried to do it.
Don't forget that products often share textures, so you'd have to be careful about what textures you're removing.

Kaji ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 6:01 AM

I never say Yes to the DAZ stuff, because people always make a horrible mess out of where they put their stuff. I like to keep it organized my way... once you start moving around files it's all over.

Doing a reverse lookup wouldn't be that hard to do, honestly... They just never bothered to implement it.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 9:47 AM

I think the newest P3DO Explorer has a feature from the old Pro versio, that will allow you to see all of the files attached to an Figure, Object,or Prop.

I'm fairly sure Hogwardens Pbooost II can do just that.

Each program has Poser-like feature Help you see through many Poser Related files.  P3DOExplroer can see through .ZIP files...

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 10:23 AM

Blacksmith 3D used to have a free utility called P-UN which did this, however it isn't available at the moment. I've e-mailed them about it, calling attention to this thread. One of the possible problems with uninstalling blindly is that sometimes dependant files (textures or even geometry) can be shared between more than one library file. For instance, you could uninstall the V3 version of some clothing, but then find that the same textures were used on the SP3 version which you wanted to keep... I never uninstall anything. I just keep buying bigger hard disks. ;)

Kaji ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 5:57 PM

Poser slows down with each addition to the runtime. I'd rather keep it small.

Klutz ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 6:04 PM

Yep..That is the main reason I work from external runtimes.

Klutz :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Kaji ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 6:35 PM

I never had that work for me... do you disconnect them before quitting?

Klutz ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 1:39 AM

No not really..

I just work from whatever runtime is appropriate, but I do find it runs quicker when it hasn't got a bloated core runtime to wade through.

I suppose you could try uninstalling the non-current external runtimes, but as Poser hasn't accessed them as the current runtime, I doubt it would make any difference :0/

Klutz :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.