Sun, Sep 22, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Questions about FaceShop

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 1:33 PM

file_380611.jpg

4. Notice how they separate the lip in FaceShop

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 1:34 PM

file_380612.jpg

Final render in Poser

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 2:36 PM

Many thanks!
I've been playing with doing just that, having imported an openlipped head now.
Question; In the screen where you place the dots, the imported head is completely black, just a silouette, which makes it really hard to place the dots for the hose and lips.  Trial and error and guesswork  only seems to work about 1/4 the time.  How do I correct this?  It would be a lot simpler if the imported mesh in the line screen could be rotated at will to place it.
Also I can' figure how to move either a dot or a line once placed, other than clearing all and starting over. I just get a musical error tone when I try.

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 3:03 PM

Quote - Many thanks!
I've been playing with doing just that, having imported an openlipped head now.
Question; In the screen where you place the dots, the imported head is completely black, just a silouette, which makes it really hard to place the dots for the hose and lips.  Trial and error and guesswork  only seems to work about 1/4 the time.  How do I correct this?  It would be a lot simpler if the imported mesh in the line screen could be rotated at will to place it.
Also I can' figure how to move either a dot or a line once placed, other than clearing all and starting over. I just get a musical error tone when I try.

Hi, the screen where you place dots does not have any imported head, just the photo.
Don't quite understand the issue...
Pls. send me a screenshot to info@abalonellc.com
Laslo

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 3:37 PM · edited Tue, 19 June 2007 at 3:38 PM

I meant the screen with the photo on the left and the mesh on the right where you place the points on the photo so the mesh is aligned in the next (lines) screen.
I just exited and re-started the program and now the imported head displays okay in the points screen - seems to have corrected itself now - go figure!
Thanks!

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 4:23 PM

leather-guy, seems to be an issue when going back. I start each work fresh now... if I have an error I just start over.

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:16 PM · edited Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:20 PM

file_380639.jpg

What would cause this? The last 2 times, trying Gollum with the imported openmouthed head (starting from scratch each time), I finished up, then tried running the mirror function to even it out, I got this zaggedy mish-mash on the side being mirrored to?

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:18 PM

file_380641.jpg

using the M3 default head included, I didn't have that problem. . .

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:29 PM

This is a good question. What mesh did you import? Maybe this will explain...
Laslo

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:37 PM

I used the Poser7 Male - Simon.  opened the mouth, exported the head (no eyes). and then used that one to map Gollum onto.  All went well until I tried the mirror function.  Started over, did it all again, and the same thing happened when I applied the mirror function.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:39 PM

@leather-guy
I got that zig-zag once but never tracked down the cause.

Laslo, is there one place for feature wishlist?

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:50 PM

No one single place. The best is to send it to me at info@abalonellc.com.
Laslo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.