Sat, Oct 5, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Looking for MiG-25 "Foxbat" model

steerpike ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 5:06 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:15 AM

file_367290.jpg

Are there any free models of this aircraft available? A MiG-31 mesh would be fine as an alternative - it's virtually identical to look at. Any of the normal 3D formats would be OK.

I've been looking on and off for a while - I've been a bit surprised not to have found one yet as it's such an iconic aircraft.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 7:32 AM

hmmm. I think there are, but they're in .max format.  Vanishing Point would be a possiblity, though I'm fairly certain they don't have this particular model (but I'd love to be wrong..;)

Try doing a search with Mig 25, and .obj as 2 search words. Or model, mesh, Poser, etc., as the 2nd search word.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 8:07 AM

I think Bazze or something like that here does military aircraft, he may have one of these, I know he's done Migs, just not sure which!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

steerpike ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 3:47 AM

I've bumped this thread in case anyone's interested, because I've found a solution. There's a Blender script available to convert meshes from the X-Plane flightsim into usable format for other apps, and there's loads of free X-Plane aircraft available.

I've used it with a MiG-25 mesh here;

www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 10:50 AM

Quote - Are there any free models of this aircraft available? A MiG-31 mesh would be fine as an alternative - it's virtually identical to look at. Any of the normal 3D formats would be OK.

I've been looking on and off for a while - I've been a bit surprised not to have found one yet as it's such an iconic aircraft.

Try this site

http://www.nmt.ne.jp/~artmagic/Home.htm

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.