Sat, Oct 5, 3:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: making a 4 leged animal walk

shadowrelm ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 4:54 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 9:08 PM

whe walk designer is great for making a two leged figure walk but how do you make a 4 leged one walk?  right now I am working with the Mil Horse.

jonthecelt ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 5:10 PM

I think there might be a tutorial over on DAZ about walk cycles for quadrapeds... Cliff Bowman did one, I'm sure... it might not fit into Walk designer (I'm not sure), but it's worth a look... I;ll see what I can root out for ye... rummages

Here you go... http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/tutorial/tutorial/-/?id=922

It's titled "Designing Custom Walk Cycles"... it uses the Girl as an example, but the principles can be used with any character, apparently.

Hope this helps,

JonTheCelt

shadowrelm ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 5:17 PM

thanks ill give it a shot. I really need a walk path for  the daz3d buck but since i dont have him yet I thought I would practice with teh horse. 

shadowrelm ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 8:38 PM

that tuts not really able to be done with a Quadraped.  Is it possible to buy a walk cycle for the horse?  When I try and do it manually all i get is Mr Edd on crack.

jonthecelt ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2007 at 4:09 AM

It's as easy to do with a quad as it is a biped... you just need the reference material to be getting started with. Which part of it is it you have difficulty translating from two- to four-legged creatures?

JonTheCelt

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2007 at 4:55 AM

I cannot undestand why Poser still don't have tht option in the walk designer, I thought they are going to make it in ver 7.

adh3d website

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2007 at 6:51 AM

There are animal walk cycles in the Free Stuff, I'm almost positive. I remember an elephant, and a whole series of horses, possibly by Haigan?

UVDan ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2007 at 2:25 PM
Forum Moderator

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.