Sat, Aug 3, 10:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Free: Apollo looks like "Vin Diesel" Now Live!

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 4:52 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 8:16 PM

Apollo looks like "Vin Diesel".

Thanks to all the great people who worked on the poses and faces for this fun group project.

See the people and how it progressed @ the Discussion Thread:
http://www.contentparadise.com/forum...streply&t=5212

This includes:

1. Face Texture Map
  2. Poser 6 material to apply maps
  3. ADS Character Pose

Available on Apollo's download page in the Celeb section under the main links. Uses same password as listed for Apollo.

Download at Apollo's download page in the Male Celebrity Freebie section.

announncement in freestuff forum

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 4:58 PM

For Pitch Black fans, don;t forget Epic CLothing Volume 03 which is also free and has what you need.

If anyone is inclined to do some Riddik Iris/Cornea MAT, I am sure people will love it.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 5:16 PM

I haven't searched web-wide yet, but what is the status on various skin tones for Apollo?  This guy would look better a tad darker....know what I mean? :lol:

Looks good without any tones. ^__^ V,,

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 5:20 PM · edited Mon, 18 June 2007 at 5:28 PM

Hey thanks from me and everyone else in the thread.

The way Apollo's nodes are set up, it is super easy and user friendly to make any part of him darker or lighter, pinker or bronze, green or blue.

All Apollo maps are plugged into Hue/Saturation/Value HSV nodes. You can easily tweak those or add a soft very light pastel color in the diffuse color box the nodes lead to.

I really is very easy.

Safetyman ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 5:27 PM

Very cool, thanks. And in case I haven't thanked you before Anton, thanks so much for all your hard work with Apollo. He's a great addition to anyone's 3D library. Such a high quality piece of work.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 5:43 PM

With Apollo's faceroom support you can change his skin tone with dials in the faceroom as well. A much under discussed feature of the faceroom.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 6:00 PM

Ignore that last post. I just tried it and it came out screwey. The faceroom isn't the way to go.

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 6:14 PM

Don't forget you can use other textures on these characters for new characters as well. Here is the African texture on Apollo.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 6:22 PM

Anyone know why the faceroom doesn't ask if you want to make the new texture match the body texture when using Apollo in the faceroom?

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 6:30 PM · edited Mon, 18 June 2007 at 6:30 PM

You are Mizrael I have been told, though I may be mistaken.

As noted, the face room works with a specific approach to mapping. To be supported fully, Apollo's mapping would have to have been simplified. I purposely opten out of the texture option, though you can get a basic face for photoshop.

The texture features in the Face room are not recommended as Apollo doen't fully use them for reasons above. The face room should just be used for morphs.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 8:02 PM

I'll have to try nodes when my render finishes!  I didn't know about that!

Damn, Anton!  You created a MONSTER!  OMG! :lol:

Thanks for the feed back!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 11:29 PM

Yes I am Mizrael,  though what that had to do with my question is beyond me. I opted to buy the name change to LostInSpaceMan when it became available through the store here.

So it is just Apollo who doesn't work with the texture changes to the body. I'm glad I wasn't remembering that happening incorrectly with other figures.

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 11:33 PM

Thanks, Anton and all!!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 11:39 PM · edited Mon, 18 June 2007 at 11:41 PM

hey thanks.

Mizrael, though your recent posting seems tame, I have in no way forgotten each post from you last year across several sites.

Simply I would normally not interact with you and will not after this. However, not being exactly sure who you were, under this username,  I wanted to respond quickly and briefly.

That being done, we won't be speaking again. Please skip over any and all threads and posts by me in the future. If you want to discuss Apollo do elsewhere within any thread not by me. Your cooperation is keeping your distance and respecting my request will be appreciated so no one else needs to become involved.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 5:44 AM

Quote - I haven't searched web-wide yet, but what is the status on various skin tones for Apollo?  This guy would look better a tad darker....know what I mean? :lol:

Looks good without any tones. ^__^ V,,

Do a search for Bagginsbill here at Rendo or go to The Node Cult at RDNA.

Bagginsbill is already hard at work on one of his wonderful MatmaticParmatic scripts for ApolloMaximus.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:50 AM

file_380580.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - I haven't searched web-wide yet, but what is the status on various skin tones for Apollo?  This guy would look better a tad darker....know what I mean? :lol: > > > > Looks good without any tones. ^__^ V,, > >   > > Do a search for Bagginsbill here at Rendo or go to The Node Cult at RDNA. > > Bagginsbill is already hard at work on one of his wonderful MatmaticParmatic scripts for ApolloMaximus.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:05 PM

yikes...
otoh...great face...mebbe someone will spring for Necromonger armor..it's beyond me..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 8:46 PM · edited Tue, 19 June 2007 at 8:47 PM

Thanks.
Now that Vin Diesel is done I am going to be looking at what character we are working on next exactly. Pop over to CP. I'l be starting a thread in about 10 minutes.

Anyone who wants to join in just has to commit to working on at least one face pose to submit

metabog ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 6:09 AM

Great work on this one! Look forward to working with it.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 12:06 PM

file_381389.jpg

I added a Riddick preset to my AM shader. Coming soon to a download near you...

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 12:08 PM

file_381390.jpg

Here's another preset - a Blue Man Group guy.

Anton - we need a BMG ear morph!

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 12:54 PM

Cool, bagginsbill - look forward to it!

-Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 6:20 PM

Thanks again Anton and thanks for continuing to support Apollo!
Marque

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 6:26 PM

Very cool baggins :)

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 10:26 PM

cooool. thanks for that and lookingt forward to that. Great eyes. I love the grease paint skin. I am reminded of wet mud from Predator.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2007 at 6:52 AM

"stay out of my thread"?

How predictable.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2007 at 12:59 PM

In case you missed it - its done.

AMUCFS shader thread

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2007 at 10:29 PM

Awesome bagginsbill, Off to read. thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.