Thu, Sep 19, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Complaint & Debate

Welcome to the Complaint & Debate Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

Please read the article on the front page regarding the closing of C&D.

Subject: Willjen's stuff gone

Huolong ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 8:56 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

I understand the fine medeaval props formerly in the free stuff was removed by Willjen because of some unkind comments regarding the quality thereof. George Deep is credited with the remark that Willjen was cluttering up his site with "simplistic geometric shapes devoid of texture".

Gordon

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 9:01 PM

You have got to be kidding! Those are beautiful props!!! ...and several of us said so. Carolly

Huolong ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 9:06 PM

So tell him directly: wrmcada@hotmail.com or willjen.pdq.net

Gordon

mikes ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 9:17 PM

"cluttering up" his site?????

Huolong ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 9:18 PM

That's what he said. He feels he's not wanted here and is looking for another site.

Gordon

Moonbiter ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 9:30 PM

Sigh! Whatever happened to "community"? It seems like this place is getting less friendlier by the minute. Are people ever going to learn that there is a person on the other end of your message? I think that Willjen's stuff was great and it inspired me to get back to work on my Highlander pic. Moonbiter

nikitacreed ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 9:33 PM

What???? Damnit! I hadn't downloaded them yet because I was too busy!! Those props were wonderful!!

casamerica ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 9:35 PM

Where was this remark made!? And on whose site!? And did Willjen not see the remarks from those of us who DO appreciate his efforts? If this is true, and I must emphasize "if," it will completely change my view of certain things. To Willjen, if you happen to wonder by and see this, your work IS appreciated. I hope you reconsider your exit here. I enjoyed and looked forward to your offerings. Take care and Godspeed.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 10:00 PM

I have to say What?!? I have to agree that was totally out of line, uncalled for and ridiculous ... If Mr. Deep thinks he can do better then he should prove it by doing each of those items better and for free. I don't doubt his skill but if he is going to do that then he needs to put up or shut up. I see stuff in freestuff that is garbage but it is free. Willjen's stuff had texture, filled a need and was really good from what I saw. it was simply uncalled for. The items were truly useful ...Take care.

shadowcat ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 10:20 PM

What? Is this george deep person selling stuff and not like competition? Or maybe because they weren't designed for girls in bikini's? Luckily I already downloaded the stuff from willjen, but I would love to see more. Willjen if you're reading this, please come back, and tell the bonehead to kiss your a**!

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 10:40 PM

How rude. I expect an apology from Mr. Deep or I will no longer even consider purchasing more of his items. I am so sorry I didn't let Willjen know how much I love his models. I downloaded them all, because I have discovered the hard way how quickly things can disappear. Please come back, you are so generous to give us these models, don't in the words of shadowcat let some "bonehead" send you away! Marque

GeorgeD ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:40 PM

Umm hello...I'm Mr.Deep and I just have to say....what the hell are you prople talking about????? I have no idea who Willjen is and have never said anything of that nature to anyone. I would like to know how this all got started and why? GeorgeD..or as posted here Mr. Deep

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:47 PM

Than I owe you an apology GeorgeD for not checking the sources. Huolong, where did you see that he made the remarks? Marque

GeorgeD ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:50 PM

Thank you Marque.

Neal ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:51 PM

Sounds like someone is trying to do character assassination on George. I haven't heard George say anything like that. I'm sure if he was going to bitch about something I would have heard about it... Check your facts people before you start making accusations and ganging up on someone. Its only fair... Neal

GeorgeD ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:54 PM

Huolong...you say I "Said" this stuff....where, when and to whom? I would like to see your proof.

Neal ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:56 PM

Marque that was very classy of you to do. ;) Neal

GeorgeD ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:56 PM

Jeff and Scott...please leave this thread going till we find out how all this got started please. GeorgeD

Virus ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:12 AM

Hmmmm I'm George's personal friend, and I have never heard said anithing like the first thread said, Maybe the person who put that is a kind of deff or like to sprade imfamious rumors about people. There is just one thing that botthers me, is how the people without the knowledge of all the facts jumps and make some comments about an issue they have not Idea what is true or lie. Don't you think that this is the right time to stop and make sense before jump and point fingers against others?

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:14 AM

George Deep is credited with the remark that Willjen was cluttering up his site with "simplistic geometric shapes devoid of texture". As soon as I saw that I knew it was very wrong cos it's highly unlikely a forum mod would say anything like that. I believe renderosity staff are a lot more responsible than that and in their choice of forum mods. I think it's important to find out the real reason someone generously giving to freestuff (my favourite!) may have been driven out. But let's not turn this into a witch hunt...

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Huolong ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:16 AM

Re George: I am quoting an email from Willis McAda in response to an email I sent to Willjen's email address found in one of his downloads to inquire as to why he pulled his stuff. I have no information as to whether statement attributed to George Deep is an accurate quote. Or whether there has been a misunderstanding of some sort. It is clear that Willjen's stuff was removed by him and it appears in response to something he received.

Gordon

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:18 AM

Thank you AprlYSH. I've been a moderator while Willow ran this site, Jack, and now with the crew here now. People should know me well enough by now to know I would NEVER sad things such as this. GeorgeD

Neal ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:18 AM

Your right April. Us Mods are held to a higher standard and can't go around bad mouthing people in public.

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:19 AM

I sent an email to Willjen about this matter. Hopefully this will come to an end.

Huolong ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:26 AM

I have forwarded the original message to GeorgeD for his examination and, hopefully, a positive resolution of this matter. Tempers get out of hand easily in this media. The community has lost the services of several excellent artists who took offense from statements posted here. I started this thread in hopes of bringing back a fine artist to the community.

Gordon

Neal ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:34 AM

Huolong it might be better in the future if next time you contact one of us Moderators or the individual personally to check into the veracity of the comments to avoid such a misunderstanding.

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:35 AM

I understand your thinking Huolong and it is a noble effort on your part to do so..but in trying to get someone back here you personaly bashed me without knowing if it were true or not. I'm sure now that some of the people which read this before I got the chance to read it will now think less of me while I did nothing wrong. now I have to try and make up to people for something I didn't do...thank you. GeorgeD

Huolong ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:40 AM

Poor choice of words. I should have left your name out of it, George.

Gordon

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:52 AM

I do hope that Willjen will return. His work was some of my favorite, and with what little time I ever have had to download and enjoy anything since taking on so many duties here as well as that of my own modelling for the store, I took time to find and download his things always. He is talented, creative, and did things no one else had touched on for the most part, the Scottish things. I do hope he will resolve whatever is wrong, and come back. Even if someone has slighted you Willjen, this person is clearly not fit to shine your shoes, let alone comment on your art, so just ignore it, and do come back. Please. Also, knowing George as a fellow moderator, I do not believe he would knowingly ever put down a fellow artist like that. Lets all take a deep breath, count to ten, and wait for Willjen to come back where he is loved and wanted and appreciated.

casamerica ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 1:44 AM

George Deep, I offer you my apologies. Though I stated there was an "if" involved, I feel I contributed to a presumtion of guilt. That was just plain wrong... and stupid of me. I do not know you other than your postings and your created works. However, I have never read anything from you or ANY of the other moderators here that would have given credence to the alleged statement had I simply taken a step back and thought about it. I didn't. For that I am sorry.

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 7:50 AM

I have known George for a long time now, and I know better then to believe that statement came from his mouth (or fingers ;) -Trav

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 7:56 AM

I hope this all gets resolved quickly and Mr. Deep you have my appologies for not checking sources as well ... take care

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 8:41 AM

{I've been a moderator while Willow ran this site, Jack, and now with the crew here now. People should know me well enough by now to know I would NEVER sad things such as this.} I have to say that did NOT sound like something I'd hear from Mr. Deep, especially not wrt THIS site (MAYBE with a private site he OWNED, but even then I'd be suspicious). He's always seemed one of the more "professional" mods here, and that would be a very UNprofessional thing to say!

nikitacreed ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 11:35 AM

I apologize...even though I never outright made reference to who made the comment. I was just angry because I hadn't downloaded them yet, but was going to when I had more time. There were alot of them. LOL! Regardless...if willjen believes George Deep made the comment...then someone is obviously trying to make it seem so. I personally would like to know who made the comment and I am sure that George Deep would like to as well.

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:12 PM

Huolong was kind enough to send me the email he recieved from Willjen last nigh. I have sent an email to Willjen before this though. after reading the email that Huolong sent me it is obvious that the person that started this was infact Willjen himself. I can not post the email here due to the TOS of this site but I will quote the part which involves me. "I was made to understand by a Mr. George Deep of Renderosity that I was littering his site with "simplistic geometric shapes devoid of texture maps." Though he did not imply that I stop posting free models, I felt it was better that I move elsewhere." I do not know Willjen, have never spoken to him (other than the email I sent last night) and I have absolutly no idea why he would even say such a thing to begin with. I have yet to recieve a reply from Willjen..nor do I expect one now that I know who started this. Obviously he feels somehow I have insulted him but I have no idea how he even got that idea in the first place. I could go on and bad mouth him to no end for this but I have no reason to seeing it is all a lie and it seems now everyone knows it... ...BUT...I will offer an open invitation to Willjen to contact me privately or here in this thread to prove your statements about me. If not lets all please drop this and move on to something better. Thanks for listening, GeorgeD

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 1:42 PM

Sigh, this is a weird old world. Again George I am sorry, what a dummy I was to buy into that so quick. But, a good thing, I will try to be more careful to look before I leap so I have been reminded of a valuable lesson taught young but forgotten with age. Marque

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 2:34 PM

George, but even though Willjen made this statement--doesn't it 'feel' as though somewhere he either got an email or post or something to give him this idea?? I can't imagine anyone would just give this as an excuse to pull their things--but then, there ARE times I can be naive, even though I've been on the net for many years (I realized the other day--PRIOR to there even being an MS Internet Explorer--there was Mosaic and a very rudimentary Netscape--LOL). Diane

nikitacreed ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 3:05 PM

I'm confused. Why would he make up a reason to pull his stuff? And why would he blame it on you? That doesn't make any sense!?! I agree with Diane...it seems to me that he must have recieved an email or saw something that made him think this. :o Not that I am accusing you of doing it, but rather that someone either told him you said that, or someone claiming to be you said it.

shadowcat ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 3:33 PM

I didn't occur to me that the original thread was incorrect (sorry george) but something must have happened to make him pull his stuff. I think the only person who can answer that is Willjen himself.

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 9:42 PM

Wierd. Glad at least part of it got resolved... I started reading at the top of this and thinking that it sounded impossible to me that GeorgeD would have made a statement like that. Glad to see at least that part of my instincts are still good. I am sorry that WIlljen's props are gone from freestuff, also. He does fantastic work, and I was looking forward to seeing what he'd post next.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Moonbiter ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 10:04 PM

/me jumps on the apology wagon too, because I was surprised that it was George as well, but didn't think to question that he said it.. Sorry George. When I wrote to Willjen I said "I don't know what all went on but I would also like to say you are welcome at Renderosity by many." In light of recent revelations that may not be true. But it is a loss for the community either way.

Dendras ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 11:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.beyondbent.com

I have no idea what the above thread is about, but if you're reading this, your stuff rocks. I love it. It is SUPERB. Please come back, and if I and Davo can help please let us know. --Dendras

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 11:18 PM

To keep everyone updated. I had sent Willjen an email as well as an Instant Message through here. He recieved the IM sometime today because I recieved the notice that he did. I'm sure he also got my email then. He replied to neither. As I can see it now from the lack of responce from him it's either, he was trying to start trouble with me or someone else trying through him. As far as I'm concerned this matter is over. Thank you everyone for being there. Now..... Lets get back to work! :) GeorgeD

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 12:28 AM

Back to work? You mean we stopped? ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

GeorgeD ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 12:36 AM

Look how many times I replied to this thread and you tell me if all work stopped? :P G-

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 1:17 AM

chuckle You have a point.

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 1:18 AM

But, then again.... as a mod this is working for me.

• Monkeysmell

rcook ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:59 AM

Wrong forum Bear. You wander over here, it's not work, it's just plain dangerous. ;)

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 8:02 AM

shrug That too... ;]

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 8:06 AM

Heh heh. Was going to ask who it was dangerous for... then I decided you might answer. ;]

• Monkeysmell

corblet ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 8:23 AM

Time for more beer. burp Mark

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.