Thu, Sep 19, 10:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Dynamic Hair and wind

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 4:36 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

file_381551.jpg

I'm creating a animation in which a angel is falling (tumbling) to earth. I used four turbines to simulate the updraft when falling. On the cloth it worked quite well, but the hair does not want to go up, whatever I do. I changed the amplitude of the four turbines from 11 to 80 each, with no result! What am I doing wrong? Thanx!!!

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 4:41 AM

The hair doesn't look like it simulated at all.  Did you actually hit calculate dynamics for that all hair groups?  When I do dynamic hair I usually sim it from the Animatino menu -> Recalculate Dynamics -> All Hair.

My Freebies

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 4:50 AM

It is simulated. At some stage in the animation the turbines stop and the hairs drops to the ground, so it works. The point is I can't get it going up beyond horizontal. Any ideas??

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 5:27 AM

Try playing around with the gravity and resistance values; just make sure you save a backup, as it is very easy to wreck the sim settings. Ef really needs to investigate their wind system; the fluid effect as it stands works well on clothing, but seems to be in general too 'thick' to get the kind of hair sim we all dream of. There may be reasons why, but.....

vince3 ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 5:49 AM

is there any particular reason why you need to be using the wind turbines for that sequence,

'cause the way i see it is, if you were to turn them off and rotate that figure 180 degrees then the cloth would drape the same as above, and the hair would naturally drape to the position you require, and if you need fluctuation in the hair caused by a speedy decent, then by raising the figure quickly it would fluctuate,

all those frames would then just have to be flipped in your editing program, so that instead of looking like an ascending figure, it looks like a descending figure.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 6:18 AM

That's a good point, it may be a lot easier to do it that way.

My Freebies

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 8:57 AM

Quote -  if you were to turn them off and rotate that figure 180 degrees then the cloth would drape the same as above, and the hair would naturally drape to the position you require, and if you need fluctuation in the hair caused by a speedy decent, then by raising the figure quickly it would fluctuate, all those frames would then just have to be flipped in your editing program, so that instead of looking like an ascending figure, it looks like a descending figure.

That is a good suggestion, for that matter you could try raising the figure up high on the first frame and bring it close to the ground on the last, with the 4 basic elements that affect dynamics being (gravity, wind, collision and motion) the motion of the figure itself falling at a rapid rate should create the desired effect at least similarly as it would in real world setting.Should be worth a try.

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 2:50 PM

Thanks for the ideas! I will try them on a new test scene first. This scene is allready 1000 frames long and has lots of keyframes. Any one noticed that when you move keyframes with V4 the pose gets corrupted? With V3 it is fine...

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 4:39 PM

file_381593.jpg

After some experimenting it turned out to be related to the hair I used. I changed the hair and got this result :) Thank you all for your ideas, it's highly appreciated!! Cheers! Nico

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.