Tue, Oct 22, 6:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Challenge Winners Announced (finally!!)

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2007 at 9:18 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 6:48 PM

Again. sorry about the delay folks..Several thing added together resulted in my being late with this..
My apologies to everyone..Sometimes real life is more important  than  Renderosity..

The Winners are as follows:

First Place

hairyface

Second Place

Littlejock

Third Place
pstekky

I would also like to mention we a had a  tie for fourth place

Hedepo

LouLouBell

[

](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/media/entries/folder_5/image_24784.jpg)
And finally, I would like to personally thank everyone who took the time to make sure that their entry was the right size for the challenge. If I sound a little cynical, it's because more than half of the entries had to be fixed to fit the guidelines. I hate to spoil a good moment, but this months challenge was really tough on me..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 1:13 AM

Congrats to the winners....well done!
I too hate "to spoil a good moment"....but....last time I looked there were over 100 entries this month....and only 20 or so votes....What's up with that?

One of those votes was mine....and...I never even entered.  So, at most only 19% of those who entered voted.

Pretty sad to see that not all who entered bothered to vote....

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 1:47 AM

LOL looks like this monday officialy is a "spoling day " Facsinating observation about a(not) voting. Makes me wonder too.  Perhaps some of them on holiday...or   they forget about it...or..better stop guessing ...I can see a booth coming in my way....oooch ...lol

Anyway...congratulation to all places...good job.

seeya  Tunde

girsempa ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 4:31 AM

@ Gradient: since each participant can have two entries, it is probable that there are only 50 participants... so your 19% calculation might be a little too harsh..;o))
Still, I also voted without submitting an entree... I'm beginning to wonder why we don't enter in the first place..? ;o))

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 4:49 AM

I entered two pictures and I did vote but indeed "Sometimes real life is more important  than  Renderosity"..

Anyway, even with few voting the good pictures came out... Congratulations to the winners !

:~)

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

TheSeekerr ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 6:31 AM

I tried to vote, and the ability wasn't there? No idea why....

vlaaitje ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 7:27 AM

congrats to all...some great shots

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 7:52 AM

Seekerr_Galaxia, you had to vote IN the forum -- we opted to go that way instea of doing it on the contest page. Big congrats to all the winners, there were really some terrific entries. hairyface, that silhoutte is an inspired shot!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 9:21 AM · edited Mon, 02 July 2007 at 10:36 AM

About voting...I've said MANY times before that enough people don't vote..

This is the first challenge in a long time that I didn't participate in..or vote in..

Sorry..

But, when we voted on the challenge page..there were times when it was less than this..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

Littlejock ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 9:48 AM

Helloooo!!!!!! I am so happy in second place..  my second time and the last time I won.. I am so lucky with this genre challenge, and add mroe motivation for my fotography. Thank you so much to everyone and congratulations to the winner. a specail picture with big contrast in the siluette
Hugs Luis
Ready for the next challenge.. if is some subject I can do..LOL

Gammacrucis ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 11:43 AM

Congrats to the winners and all participants!!! 
It is always nice to capture our friends animals...^__^

pstekky ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 12:42 PM

Great photos everyone!  I'm honored to be on the podium this month with so many incredible photos entered..
  My sincere apologies for not voting, real life was rough last week. 
  I am making a resolution to try my best to do more than lurk as I have done for so many years here. I take SO many photos every week, but then never seem to have the time to share them, and have learned so much from all of you without you even knowing who I am.  :)
   Again, congrats to the winners, 
      Rich

Hedepo ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 1:00 PM

Dear RR Friends,
Many thanks, also on behalf of these youngsters, to vote us towards a fourth position in the June monthly challenge!!
We are very honored and happy about it!!

This team of sea life has been found on the pacific coast of California, just in front of the Hearst Castle!!

But more important:  a very special congratulation to all the winners in the June challenge!!

Have a very nice evening
Henk.

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 2:41 PM

@Girsempa...Ok, revised calculations....you and I didn't enter...that leaves a max of 18 votes out of a minimum of 50 different entrants....so, at most 36% of those who entered voted.....LOL!          It's a good thing we didn't enter....because then there may have been two less votes....ROTFLMAO!

@Gimi53..."**Sometimes real life is more important  than  Renderosity"..**Of course, that is understood...but if one takes the time and effort to put an entry (or entries) into the contest then I think that most of them should be able to take the time to view and vote!

Anyway, I agree that even with the few votes, the good pictures came to the top...I was happy to see that 2 of the 3 that I chose made it!

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 2:56 PM

Gradient...I think Gimi53 was quoting me...

It never fails that the challenges end or start when I'm really busy with work or something else..

One month ,  I did have the time to site mail every person that entered, and it did help..

This month however..wore me out..Great a new record. over 100 entries...yeah, but more than half of them needed to be fixed to fit the challenge rules..Stay tuned for a slight adjustment in the challenge rules that will reflect that issue..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 3:27 PM

Seems pretty simple to me....the mod/coord shouldn't have to change the entry to fit the rules for the contestant.
If the image does not conform (ie wrong size)...send it back to the entrant.

I know this is just a fun contest...but still, if folks ever want to enter a real competition....they had better not expect organizers to make their image conform to the guidelines....

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 3:45 PM

well, that's the way it's going to be from now on...Don't get me wrong...we all make mistakes and I don't mind fixing the ocassional mistake ..But when it's gets to be every other one..it's a different story..

Yes, i do understand things like server glitches causing thumbanils not to upload..I can deal with that stuff..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

Junglegeorge ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 4:32 PM · edited Mon, 02 July 2007 at 4:33 PM

Congratulations to the winners!
I did enter and voted in the contest.
Göran/JG

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 7:19 PM

Congrats to all the winners !!!!

TheSeekerr ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 7:23 PM

Um....a suggestion?

If you're going to have the voting done in the forum, have the challenge page read "Voting Will Be Done In The Forum" rather than "Voting Will Be Done On The Challenge Page"?

I very rarely read the forum, so while I entered the contest, I never found the place to vote. That minor detail could go some way towards explaining the low number of votes, no?

Sorry, the way I phrased that doesn't sound terribly friendly. I mean no harm, just suggesting that it was very confusing.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2007 at 9:04 PM

It wil be that way next time...

www.bclaytonphoto.com

tping ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2007 at 1:44 AM

Congratulations to the winners, good photos all.

....wait... what's this... a vision... 200  ENTRANTS IN JULY!!!  :tt2:

ReBorne ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2007 at 12:31 PM

Ok, I'm gonna hold my hands up here - I entered but didn't vote, and I'm not sure I have a good excuse for why not.  So, I'm gonna make a special note to vote next time............
Congrats to the winners, REAL nice shots, and some of the ones who didn't quite get there.....

Mike

When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

BibbyBear ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2007 at 7:42 AM

A belated congratulations to all winners - some excellent entries (just when I thought I had a chance and everyone decides to enter, leaving me with little or no chance to rank - I'll wait until the last day from now in to decide if I could possibly stand any chance of votes before entering!!)

I did submit two images and managed to vote before going off in my holidays!!

Well done to everyone and thanks to Bruce for all your hard work and efforts in keeping this challenge alive!

Hugs

Chrissy xx

"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it."
:lol:
CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

hairyface ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 12:18 PM

I hadn't a clue HOW to vote! I was looking for an 'easy' in your face method and had no idea where to look for the opertunity to do so. so ....How does one vote in the present contest 'landscape/nature?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.