Thu, Sep 19, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 texturing question...

Techyman ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 10:38 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

I know I'm probably missing something simple, but my frustration level is rising fast and I thought this forum might provide some relief.  I created a simple prop in C4d and exported it as a .obj.  I then created the tex maps and saved them as .jpeg files.  I imported the obj into Poser 6 and then loaded the jpegs in the material room.  Everything looks good, but when I render the prop, it comes out completely black.  What am I missing?  

Thanks in advance for any help.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 10:49 PM

Lights perhaps?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

Techyman ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 11:55 PM

I adjusted the lights.  I added a figure from the library and the textures look good on it, but the prop still looks black.

Thanx anyway.

Fazzel ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 12:22 AM

Quote - I adjusted the lights.  I added a figure from the library and the textures look good on it, but the prop still looks black.

Thanx anyway.

It sounds like your normals are reversed. Check to see your normals are forward.
Go to the material room, click on your object, and at the bottom of the PoserSurface
box put a checkmark in the Normals_Forward box.

Techyman ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 1:26 AM

Fazzel,
You were right.  I fixed the normals and the problem was solved.  
My frustration level is back to normal.
Thank you for the help.  It is greatly appreciated.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 1:51 AM

You should use RipTide when dealing with OBJ files and C4D.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.