Sun, Oct 6, 5:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Looking For A Corn Stalk Model

jgmart ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 5:51 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:43 PM

Hello Everyone, 

I remember seeing a corn stalk plant model (stalks and ears of corn) somewhere a while ago - I looked here in the MarketPlace and at Cornucopia - I can't remember where I saw it.  I need to find one for an image I'm working on.  If anyone has seen  a corn stalk model somewhere in their travels, please let me know.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!, 

John

lingrif ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 6:09 AM

Over at RDNA, deerpath has corn stalks, but these are Poser models.  They are $6.70 right now.  That's the only one I remember seeing.

www.lingriffin.com

jgmart ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 7:05 AM

Thank you Lin!

That was the model I saw.  Great price too -  I'll run them through Poser and export to Vue. 

Thanks again :)

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 10:48 AM

I also have my Deadcorn sets over at Daz.. it's not summer corn, but a decaying fall cornrfield, with various morphs and props. There is an image or two in my gallery here using it, if you want a look see.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

jgmart ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 11:59 AM

Thank Gareee - I really like your deadcorn set too.  I'll probably get that set as well.  Thanks!

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 2:30 PM

Note there are actually 3 deadcorn sets.. the original Deadcorn II, and a bundle of both. It's cheaper to buy the bundle, if you are going to buy both anyway.

Also if you get them, check out this Daz thread for a tutorial I did on how to use everything effectively.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=46801&highlight=deadcorn

jgmart ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 3:48 PM

Thanks - I have the bundle in my shopping cart already, for next payday!  I really like the look of the stalks, they'll combine well with what I have planned for a farm scene.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 3:52 PM

Glad ya like em.. I was really surprised how popular the first set was, and that's why i did a followup set in record time.

Faveral helped me understand how to do the tiling ground texture, so it would be more in ground "scale", and look detailed. (Also they all render best with displacement on.)

I'm trying to think of any add ons for Halloween this year.. if you think of anything useful, LMK.

martial ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 5:59 AM

file_382210.jpg

here a render of DNA corn...in field

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 4:03 PM

Ahh... far too "alive" fo rme.. LOL!

Looks good though! The bird by Noggin?

jgmart ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 5:37 PM

Wow that's an awesome render.  That's kind of like the scene I need to do. It's going to be an fall image with a distant barn seen throught the corn field. 

martial ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 6:11 PM

Yes there are noggins birds from Daz using with ecomat in VUE 5 infinite

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 8:08 PM

So you used the corn in an ecosystem? COOL!. Been wanting to try that with deadcorn since I made it. Just never seem to get the quality time I need to really spend in V6I

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.