Mon, Oct 7, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: DAZ Carrara discounted & Image by Drawbridgep

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 6:30 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 9:21 AM

Got one of those Daz weekly things.  and in it is offer for Carrara Platinum Club PRices.  But ther are two photos featured and I recognized one of them with the Stack of Books, which I think it was made by Drawbrdigep.

draculaz ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 5:02 AM

that is correct. it might be:

a) that phil sold that model to daz outright and they're allowed to use it in any way they wany
b) that daz asked phil to use that carrara render of his
c) that phil is actually part of an interstellar conspiracy involving carrara (it's ararrac spelled backwards, did you ever notice??!!!!1)

m

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 7:31 AM · edited Wed, 11 July 2007 at 7:34 AM

ah, those books (you can see them in one of my signature images).   Yes I did make the render, although not the model.  I guess once you post an image in the DAZ gallery, they can pretty much do as they please.   I feel somewhat honored that out of all the carrara picture they should chose one of mine.

So
a) Didn't make the model, so can't sell it to DAZ.  Shame, cause I would probably make a fortune
b) They didn't ask, but I'm sure there's something in the small print about using images posted in galleries
c) I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to discuss these things

love the fact we snuck a carrara post into a Bryce forum.  :-)

Which leads me to sci-fi weekly who posted one of my Carrara pictures this week.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

draculaz ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 7:36 AM

mmm.. intergalactic peacock... congrats! :)

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 9:30 AM

All Hail Phil the Leader of ARARRAC!!! :)

Congratulations on the Image Phil!!!  How does that happen?? Do they approach you asking permission? or did they have a contest you had to submit to?

orbital ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 9:41 AM

They just ask you if they can use it, had mine of the cover the week before. Phil's becoming a firm favourite with them, think he must have had 3-4 images on the cover now.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 11:36 AM

sounds like you've arrived..;)
Arrarrac! rak ak akak! (ain't that from Mars Attacks?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 6:28 PM

3 or 4 times.   Always the same guy emails and always the same email.  i think he doesn't keep a note of who he's picked before, so I play dumb.  I did try and convince him to use a different image, but he wouldn't go for that.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 10:49 PM

Snuck a carrara post? Nah, I had noticed. The Books image is well done and I had referred to it several times when I was experimenting with a book model.

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 3:10 PM

Seeing as this is an arrarac post snuck into the bryce forum, can I ask if anyone can give us any good reasons why we should buy said proggy whilst it is on discount offer from daz?

I mean we already have bryse, poser and daz studio, do we need arrarac.

BTW this is a SERIOUS query, my son asked me the question, so now I ask you.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 3:21 PM

I've been working on a secret Arrarac music video project for a few months now.....well I guess its not that much of a secret if I'm mentioning it here.

Arrarac Compliments Bryce very well and vice versa.  Render times are just blazingly fast and for me it was the combination of Animating and Particle system that drew me in.

And very recently something else... but I dont want to give away too much untill my projects are ready to be shared.

hmmm.... its like discussing Harry Potter and You know who, which shall not be named... :)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 6:13 PM

Bryce Rocks
Carrara Rocks more quickly

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 8:24 PM

Have Bryce, will render! 'nough said!  ;-) ;-)

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 8:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Forget rendering.  How is the modeling?  I the interface easy to grok?

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.