Fri, Sep 20, 4:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Challenge ideas?

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 12:34 PM ยท edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 6:38 AM

Ok now we've tried a few different formats of the Monthly Challenge so far and it seems to be doing ok...but it could possibly get better. I have a few other ideas for this but would like everyone's imput and ideas also..seeing it is your forum too:) My ideas: Set a years worth of topics for each month. For example. May - Glass June - Fire July - Rust August - Wood or May - Fantasy stlye characters June - SciFi space battle etc, etc ---------------------------------- Basicly with this idea we all as a group decide on when to start this and what topics/challenges to have. Once we get all the details figured out I can post the list on the sidebar link and you can start any paticular months challenge whenever you wish and post it when the time comes. This is just an idea. If anyone has some please feel free to post them here and we can see what sounds best...or we can just stick to what we are doing now:) GeorgeD

joseburgos ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 7:23 PM

So what exactly is the new challenge? Thanks, Jose Burgos www.burgos-family.com/3d

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2001 at 11:11 PM

Check a few threads below this one. GeorgeD

cake1 ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 3:18 AM

Hi George To answer your question, i like the idea of a challenge winner to decide what's next. However, i understant it can take more time to do so, especially in a multiple winner case like this one. I don't like much the idea of a scheduled challenge when you already know what will be next in a few month. Anyway, th'ats just my opinion ;o) Cecile

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 4:36 AM

I have to agree with Cecile on this one. But I also have to say that since it's early and my brain never quite kicks in until after a pot or two of coffee, I really don't understand what you're proposing. Could you elaborate on it just slightly? Thanks! :) Mike

joseburgos ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 9:13 AM

Even if, say July was Sci-Fi, the winner could still make a new challenge but with the scheduled theme, like for July the winner might say an allien eating or drinking in a allien scene. It would make it easy on the winner too, since it is narrowed down to a scheduled theme. What about that? Thanks, Jose Burgos www.burgos-family.com/3d

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 10:56 AM

How about a SUGGESTED theme; participants can either do the "winner's" challenge or a challenge in the suggested theme at their choice (unless the Winner's Challenge incorporated the theme somehow - but it would never HAVE to). And whatever happened to the old Triangle Challenges, anyway?

GeorgeD ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 11:33 AM

Well this was just an idea..nothing set in stone:) CB..not sure whatever happened to the Triangle Challenges...seems nobody was interested in them I guess. G-

cake1 ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 1:36 PM

Well... I gave my idea of next challenge.. Dirt I'd like to see results about that, like great masterpieces, but i can not force anyone to make images or even to vote for the next challenge.. ;o)) Do you think it has anything to do with the bright sun outside??? hmm... Summer.. ;o) Cecile

Stranger Aeons ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 3:05 PM

I think challenges should test an artist's creativity as much as their modelling/rendering skills. If you choose limited themes such as Glass, you'll end up with dozens of rendered wine glasses in a month. We all know that artists with caustics have an unfair advantage when it comes to rendering glass. So in the end it becomes a challenge between Applications rather than artists. However, I think themes like Cake1's idea for "Dirt" or last month's "Artist's Workspace" and "Award" work well. just a thought, Stranger Aeons

TRLee ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 9:10 PM

I agree with Stranger Aeons. It's also fun to create an image from another member's idea. Perhaps the monthly theme could be either used by the winner as a guideline, or they can opt to go with their own idea. That's my 2 cents. TRLee

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.