Sat, Sep 21, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: debating upgrading between C5 and C5 pro; Transposer may tip the balance

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2007 at 3:29 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:27 PM

As I understand it, Transposer allows Carrara to import any animations set in Poser. Is that Transposer's main function? Is it possible to animate an imported Poser figure using Carrara native tools?

I'm asking because I may now have justification to upgrade Carrara 2 (yup!) but the price difference between standard and Pro is significant, and the only features that may impact my needs would be the Edge Tools and included Transposer.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2007 at 5:22 AM

You can manipulate imported Poser figures in Carrara yes, the rigging/bones are translated to the Carrara equivalent, and you get all the same controls as in Poser. Hope this helps

lazycatstudio ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2007 at 8:29 AM

Just to note here, Carrara got two ways of importing Poser content - native import, which preserves riggingbut doesn't allow for dynamics and Transposer import, which gets dynamic clothes andhair into Carrara but doesn't translate the rigging over. With Transposer you maintain a link to Poser for all your figure manipulation needs.

bwtr ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2007 at 7:29 PM

Many other good things in Pro besides the transposer. Just remember that, at this point in time, transposer works best with Poser 5 or 6-not 7.

At the sale price with 6 upgrade Carrara5Pro is a bargain.

bwtr

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.