Sat, Sep 21, 12:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: It is possible to make this type of render in Poser 5 or Poser 6?

Black_Star ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:34 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

file_383010.jpeg

Hy there!

I was wondering if it's possible to make a render like this in Poer 5 or Poser 6.I mean , look at the shadows , the lights and the detail.They are all so crisp.The shadows are not hindering you , and yet they are there.
I mean , this is the type of settings there should be used ffor a detailed model.I have built detailed models , but all are screwed in the rendering process.They look good in 3D Studio Max , but in Poser they don't look so good.
How can such a render can be achieved in Poser?How can I get out the details so well?
Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:24 AM

I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me as amazing quality?  Looks like depth mapped shadows at decent resolution - Poser default lights have a shadow map size of 256 and look like crap, but an easy improvement is to turn up the map size to 1024 or higher.  Turning down shadow min bias can improve shadow quality, but it can also introduce black shadow artifacts, so you may need to fiddle with it.  Ambient occlusion can also be very nice.

http://physicalc-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20
http://www.physicalc-software.com/tutorials/ao/

My Freebies

kirwyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:32 AM

Nice pic, but I wonder why the boots are on the wrong feet.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:40 AM

Quote - Nice pic, but I wonder why the boots are on the wrong feet.

Maybe a freak mutation?
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Black_Star ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:06 AM

It's not the realism that impressed me.But the "toyfull" aspect of it and the emphasis on detail.The clothing item stands out instead of just "blending" into the overall composition as I have seen so far in other renders.
The "interaction" between the skin of the model and the clothing item is what I like.I have never seen something like this in other Poser renders.Can you give an example Poser render that resembles my picture?

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:31 AM · edited Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:34 AM

Are you looking for a comparison of models, or information on lighting technique?  If you're looking at the gallery here, it tends to just be a showcase for the latest item for sale from DAZ, and those are generally not as widgety as the image you showed.  Aery_Soul have some very complicated, detailed clothing items:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1397706&member
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=56539

That subtle shadow against the skin is generally coming from Ambient Occlusion (see tutorial above) and high quality shadow settings (same).

By the way, "your" picture is actually a Squaresoft promotional pic isn't it?

My Freebies

ghonma ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:38 AM

It's cause of the raytraced area light in that render. Area lights cast shadows that are sharp when close to the shadow caster and become more and more blurry as they move away from the caster (like in real life) So you get these nice crisp shadows from the clothes and the straps but soft ones from body parts.

Not sure how you would get the same effect in poser...

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:44 AM
FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:49 AM

an IBL might do the trick, you'd probably have to do a fair bit of tweaking of the shadow settings though.  Would be relatively easy (Probably) in Vue or something like that which has area lights and settings for soft shadows

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Black_Star ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 9:15 AM · edited Mon, 16 July 2007 at 9:16 AM

No I am not looking for a comparison of models.
Yes , AsShanim's (or Aery_Soul)  models are pretty accurate copies of anime/manga outfits by various japanese artists.But much simpler in detail than the original models.

I have used "my picture" , because it's my post.What else should I have used in order to reffer to my picture (oh , I used it again).
If it would have been my render , wouldn't I have asked for help didn't I?I have never thought you will understand that.And I was in a hurry.Not even now I have a better sentence in mynd to reffer to it...:)

Thank you to all that helped me!I think I will have to settle for the soft shadow tutorial and/or the IBL lights thing.

Best regards!

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 12:03 PM · edited Mon, 16 July 2007 at 12:04 PM

Yes, that can be done in poser 6. Dunno about 5, even though I have P5. Using P6. Looks like someone gave you some advice on how to. Oh...also Occlusion Master will help.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 12:07 PM

Um that outfit used to be for sale by DAZ for Aiko...it was modeled after Paine...you might be able to find it there...

As for the render...that could be a character painting or render....the renders for the game dont' look that crisp...

Tirjasdyn

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:26 PM

That was part of the point, that it's a piece of promo art and has nothing to do with rendering in X vs. rendering in Y.  Talking about how 3ds Max renders look, and then pulling an image at random out which likely didn't even come from 3ds Max, and certainly not directly ... 😕

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.