Thu, Sep 19, 4:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: ooooh! shiny new renderosity site

donniemc0 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:20 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:13 PM

i like my new gallery, Gives the images a fresh look with a different background! i think i shall change my avatar to celebrate. i am tired of that phsycopathic bald guy...

donniemc0 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:23 PM

and i cant edit my forum options till the re-design is complete or else i would change the shocking link on my signature which now looks awful..

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:35 PM

now i know i've been away much too long from here when i didn't know all this happened! wow!!! i'm still dipping my toe in..

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:35 PM

It's pretty....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:44 PM

its pretty but I hate change. And my eyes aren't so good so it took me a while to figure out where the links I usually use were. But hey, I made it here.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:03 PM

Coincidentally, I chose the moment they relaunched the site to resign from posting any more 3D work by posting my last-ever 3D piece......the two events weren't related!

I think the site looks absolutely fantastic; a superb job by whoever was responsible.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:56 PM
Forum Moderator

Jeez, it looks awful! 
👎

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:09 PM · edited Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:09 PM

White letters on dark background sucks.
It's an eye killer.

EDIT - and what's with the tiny font?

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

evielouise ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:22 PM

**I love the change
I  like changes though maybe that's why lol:

When things in life stay the same
life becomes boring and oh hummmmmmmm!!

hugs ))**

RodsArt ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:26 PM · edited Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:33 PM

Love it!

Whoa, the New Graphics Look Awesome too!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:32 PM

Oooh.  I love it.

In order to go forward, one must often times look to the past.

Incognitas ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:58 PM

Annoyingly I HAVE to go to the Marketplace to get to my account whereas I could just click on it from the homepage originally.Apart from that it's ok.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:32 PM

I like it, will take some time to get used to it.

It does however feel a little narrow and constricting with the new table setup.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:34 PM

Quote - Coincidentally, I chose the moment they relaunched the site to resign from posting any more 3D work by posting my last-ever 3D piece......the two events weren't related!

I think the site looks absolutely fantastic; a superb job by whoever was responsible.

You're switching to 2D??

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:48 PM

Can we change the background colors like we were able to with the last one? This black and white is hurting my eyes.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:56 PM

Not bad, I would like to find a wider setup though. Approx half my screen width is unused.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 7:25 PM

Quote - Not bad, I would like to find a wider setup though. Approx half my screen width is unused.

Thats what I"m talking about :)

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 7:54 PM

In Site Mail.... someone sent me some Links, but they show up in White on White, so I couldnt see them.

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 10:14 PM

mutters and grumbles Bah! Humbug!

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 10:19 PM

Actually, I kinda like parts of it. Don't like that the gallery menu item is not the first or second item, this being a gallery site. Instead it's the marketplace.... And secondly there's much wasted screen space. Nice visuals, although the font is small. For me though it's okay. Will have to touch up my avatar. And my gallery home page here now shows my favorites.. and only 7 of my own images...

Some change is good..

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 4:43 AM

Is it me or is it much slower though :(

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

rj001 ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 4:48 AM

If it aint broke dont fix it.............

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

vangogh ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:44 PM

I like it....looks like one of them there prefessionals did it!

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 1:09 PM

just one thing gives me pause...the part of my gallery that shows what I've recently been looking at. What if I don't want people (like supervisors...;) knowing what I've looked at at home, when I'm on my lunch hour? now I have to be careful at home, too?....sigh...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 5:53 PM

i like the new logo....

Flak ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 6:35 PM · edited Tue, 17 July 2007 at 6:36 PM

Incarnadine -> I just found this posted (by Gareee) on another site which might help you with the screen thing.. He was taking specifically about Rendo's new forum layout and how to beat its narrowness on higher resolution monitors.

"
If anyone uses a widescreen or higher rez desktop, and peruses those forums, drop this code in the forum style box, and save yer eyesight.

table { width: 100%; font-size: 20px; }.content_cell { background-image: none ; }#topnavbar td table { width: 120; }
"

Hope it helps/works for ya.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 6:36 PM

I think I like it.     The only thing bugging me is that they didn't check what it looks like for those of us who show full sized images in the gallery.   The yellow border thing at the top cuts halfway through the picture.   I think the fact they didn't think to check, is more annoying than the fact it does it.   

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 7:01 PM

That´s for being away to much. 
The graphics and overall look is not bad at all, i´ve always favoured darker colors for image presentation.
The navigation is another story. I preferred the old way, it was less cluttered.

And sadly this webpage is starting to look more and more like a store for Poser content and less like a community and image gallery.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 7:09 PM

It's a lot easier on the old eyes now that there is a bigger font.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 6:15 AM

file_383196.jpg

This what you wean Phil. Very much agree, it needs a teak! Flak- I will try that tonight when I get home.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

ek-art ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 12:16 PM

forum style box?! where and what is that?! I use a wide-screen monitor too and would like to use the space i actually have..

Come join the Rendergods!

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 12:40 PM

MarketPlace gets header button number (( 2 )) while the Gallery and forums get buttons (( 6 )) and (( 7 )). Why isn't that a surprise?

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 6:21 PM

Ek-art - in the forums button on that menu bar thingy near the top and go to the forum options. I think thats what is meant (I haven't done this myself as I'm on an old 17" so don't go higher than 1024x768).

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 7:42 PM

oh please tell me this is a work in progress doodle someone accidentally uploaded...

what i like:

• the new logo graphic
  • the light tints in the sidebar

what i dont like:

• "look & feel" changes when you scroll down through the site (lack of unity).
  • 'work in progress feeling'
  • overall contrasts are too strong
  • messy use of layout, color, whitespace and borders
  • waaay too much contrast on the gradients
  • color usage and graphics do not aid navigation at all
  • too many things going on
  • graphical elements look cheesy and lack attention to detail
  • when rounded corners appear they are generally too extreme.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 7:46 PM

Quote - I like it....looks like one of them there prefessionals did it!

No offence to u but.. hell no it doesnt look professional! If a designer would give me this for my money... I'd probably hand the designs back to him and tell him ill go find someone else to do it.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

ek-art ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 7:52 AM

YAY works!! Thanks flak :)

Come join the Rendergods!

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 8:51 AM

file_383288.jpg

Maybe this is obvious, but you can attach your own background images to the gallery background.  Right now I'm using the background image from the menu options, but I think I might play around with my own gradients.

.content_cell { background-image: url(http://www.renderosity.com/photos/File861.jpg);
    background-color: #333333;
background-repeat: repeat-y
   }

This image is only 1000 px wide, but you get the idea.  The #333333 is just the default from my website where I copied from.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 9:31 AM

file_383290.jpg

I quite like the galley blue grad and yellow border.  So I tweaked it slightly.  It's now 1900 px wide (which is enough for me) and only the default 833 tall, but with a 000000 background it blends in nice.  Can't have the nice little corners (at least the top right one), but I couldn't think how to do that.

The CSS for this is:
.content_cell { background-image: url(http://www.galeblair.com/phil/stuff/rendoback.jpg);
    background-color: #000000;
background-repeat: fixed
   }

You're welcome to download the graphic, but I'd rather you didn't hotlink to it.  And don't think I won't know who is!  ;-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

vangogh ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 11:59 AM

Rayraz - I think you may have missed my attempt at sarcasm....I typed 'them there' and misspelled professionals with an e instead of an o on purpose. Sort of like the way a hillbilly or redneck would praise something lowbrow as being high quality stuff. The new home page, with all the 'ads' for marketplace items does look more like an intro for the marketplace than it does the home page of an 'art community'

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 6:13 PM

Quote - ...a hillbilly or redneck...

'Round these here parts, we prefer 'mountain man'.:biggrin:

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 8:24 PM

Quote - Rayraz - I think you may have missed my attempt at sarcasm....I typed 'them there' and misspelled professionals with an e instead of an o on purpose. Sort of like the way a hillbilly or redneck would praise something lowbrow as being high quality stuff. The new home page, with all the 'ads' for marketplace items does look more like an intro for the marketplace than it does the home page of an 'art community'

oooooh okay! didnt think of that.. lol srry!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.