Mon, Jul 8, 10:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:07 am)

Subject: The new look in Firefox

PXP ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 1:41 PM · edited Thu, 06 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

Well today 16th July 2007 I used my browser to open Renderosity.com  and was greeted with the new look and layout of the website and my immediate reaction is that this is vastly improved and impressive and is truly a case of "out with old and in with the new" and in this case it is justified.
Best wishes to Renderosity.

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:07 PM
Forum Moderator

I like it too.  The darker text colors are useless now though.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

kalon ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:11 PM

I'm at work on IE (Firefox at home). I think it's going to work out, but one thing -- love u UVDan -- but the different color text is going to be a problem, especially considering the alternate post colors. 

Maybe it's fine in Firefox, but in IE you have to highlight it to be able to read it.

kalonart.com

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:21 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks kalon.  That alternate post color thing is kinda bugging me now that you mention it.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:24 PM

Can we get our CSS back, I wonder?  I had the forums and galleries set just the way I liked them so that it was very easy on my eyes.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:27 PM

Quote - Can we get our CSS back, I wonder?  I had the forums and galleries set just the way I liked them so that it was very easy on my eyes.

yup thats coming. they're just settling the main stuff in atm

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:36 PM
Online Now!

This new look is AWESOME and looks fabulous in FF 2.0 on my box!!  Just wish they would fix this issue with allowing copy and pasting in the text area it's QUITE annoying!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:37 PM
Online Now!

Oh and the smilies look a bit strange since there is no error diffusion applied to them, they have an ugly white outline around them!!  Not pretty!! :sad:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:39 PM

Quote - This new look is AWESOME and looks fabulous in FF 2.0 on my box!!  Just wish they would fix this issue with allowing copy and pasting in the text area it's QUITE annoying!!

they did...there's a fix posted in the Community forum... not sure of the link tho...

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:42 PM
Online Now!

If you find it could you please post it here Khai?? 

Thanks much!! (I'd add a smilie but they look so horrible that it's just too ugly to comtemplate) LOL

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

cherokee69 ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:46 PM · edited Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:47 PM

file_383039.jpg

I'm using a wide screen monitor and it doesn't fit. I have wide scetions of wasted space on each side. Don't like that at all. Other than that, it looks good.

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:58 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2648140

> Quote - If you find it could you please post it here Khai??  > > Thanks much!! (I'd add a smilie but they look so horrible that it's just too ugly to comtemplate) LOL

Quack and I shall find...

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:58 PM
Online Now!

Yea I have that too.  Seems DAZ and 'Rosity are of the same mind in that the site needs to be all squished into the middle.  For those of us that have wide screen montors.. more and more of us every day as a matter of fact, it may be a wise thing to code the site to spread out at least to 90% instead of so confined like this.  Wasted space for sure!! :-(

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:59 PM

Quote - I'm at work on IE (Firefox at home). I think it's going to work out, but one thing -- love u UVDan -- but the different color text is going to be a problem, especially considering the alternate post colors. 

Maybe it's fine in Firefox, but in IE you have to highlight it to be able to read it.

Nope - I have to highlight the color Dan used in order to make it visible in FF as well.
-Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:01 PM
Online Now!

Quote - > Quote - If you find it could you please post it here Khai?? 

Thanks much!! (I'd add a smilie but they look so horrible that it's just too ugly to comtemplate) LOL

Quack and I shall find...

Thanks so much!!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:09 PM

The new look is spiffy.

But I have one gripe on the new forums: 
light text on a dark background = eye strain!!!

bB <-- picky pickp picky  :P

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:00 AM · edited Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:01 AM

The smilies look like poo because they are GIFs. If they were PNGs, they'd look much nicer as long as A: their alpha channel was set up properly, and B: everyone used a modern browser.

Ditto on the widescreen quibbles.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:13 AM

The white ring around the smilies haven't got anything to do with them being gifs as such, it's just sloppy work when they were created. They were clearly meant for a white background.

Now, I've been using a custom background much like the new one for years, so I'm used to the smilies looing ugly at times. Believe me, you get used to it LOL

I LOVE the new design, it's pretty, easy on the eyes and sufficiently jazzed up to not look boring!
(oh and it looks very much like the one I'd made myself so it's also lovely familiar GGG)

Well done, Rosity!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ghelmer ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:21 AM

I like the new look!  All in all it seems to work for all my needs in both IE & Firefox!  So, I'm happy!

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:25 AM · edited Tue, 17 July 2007 at 12:38 AM
Online Now!

I know TG but still it still puts a bit of a sloppy look on the site seeing the emoticons look so ..... fugly!!  Be nice if they could resave them on a dark blue or a blue that's in-between these two blues which would cut down on the jaggy look they present against these blue bg's!!  I do agree though if they were resaved as png's with proper alpha channel the surrounding jaggedness would be taken care of!! 

EDIT: Nope I was wrong.  They were saved with the jaggies around them originally.  So it would mean that the original files would have to dug up and then save those more properly!  Oh well!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 6:38 AM

Quote - Thanks kalon.  That alternate post color thing is kinda bugging me now that you mention it.

Dan...you need to change the colors of your sig tag. :(

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 10:55 AM · edited Tue, 17 July 2007 at 10:57 AM
Forum Moderator

I cannot find where to change it at.  Ok nevermind  the forum options are working today.

Dajadues ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 3:39 AM · edited Wed, 18 July 2007 at 3:47 AM

Why couldnt they just leave this site the way it was? They trying to be like Daz3D and make it unstable for it's users or what? Now everyone will play with color text and make even harder to read. Sigh.

Why is everyone borded or something that they have to change the design because Daz changed there's? Just so a select few can say they love it while the rest of us hates it and finds it hard to use? Oh God. Daz all over again. I just went through this. :(

If its not broke, dont fix it. Welp, guess I'll do the samething here as over at Daz  forum and not post. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

It truely is monkey see, monkey do.

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 5:08 AM

Erm...

Renderosity has traditionally changed its appearance every two years. Coincidentally, DAZ3d happened to change their website this year...

Attached link to now closed contest for the new look...
www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php

kalonart.com

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 7:51 AM

Quote - I cannot find where to change it at.  Ok nevermind  the forum options are working today.

Yay...ya did it! :)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 8:34 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Personally, I like the new look. The blues are restful to me.  Changes don't bother me. I change my desk top theme monthly.  For those of you who don't like it, look on the bright side. You only have to wait 2 years until it's changed again. Maybe then it will be something you like. Of course from what I've seen most people won't like it just because its another change. (psst ... change is not a four letter word)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 9:26 AM

I actually loaded my css from the other style and decided I like this one better so I reverted back to 'Rosity default.  It is very restful on the eyes and looks a lot like my custom css.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.