Tue, Oct 22, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: So were not allowed to post CR2'S OF VICKY 2?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:00 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:28 PM

So were not allowed to post CR2'S OF VICKY 2? So how are we supposed to share the figures we make from her with others if we can't post the cr2?

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:10 PM
Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:13 PM

guess I need to make a face morph and use the paulette figure that Warrior did/

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/faq/answers/victoria/addons.html

That's right it's true. Have a look at this link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/faq/answers/victoria/addons.html -Jeff

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:16 PM

Heh, I was just a bit slow on the trigger ;-)

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:20 PM

Its a question jeff not a rant

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:23 PM

Not sure I follow that remark.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:40 PM

It is actually easier and smaller to post a face file and a pose file anyway than the full cr2 ... So no need to use the Pollyette figure unless you really really want to S

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:44 PM

Or if you are making a custom morph from scratch, use a Vicky 1 cr2 or the stripped-out Vicky2 cr2 that DAZ provides and instruct folks to use MorphManager or MacConstructer to copy the morphs over to their Vicky2 cr2. Or you could distribute a vertex only ("squished") .obj for folks to use as a morph target.

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 6:44 PM

In the FAQ daz mentions a free V1 cr2 that's available for download and can be redistributed with your Original morphs. That is morphs created by you, not using the ones in the V2 cr2.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:02 PM

ok you lost me with that, say afain about DAZ?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:04 PM

Ok you lost me with that, say aGain about DAZ? I felt that your comment made me feel like I was being pounced on, Scary...

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:07 PM

Mesh, sometimes people (especially Jeff and I for some reason) have a tendency to post similar answers at the same time. Jeff was typing his answer as I was posting mine. So he didn't see that I already had answered when he hit the Post Reply button...thus the "slow on the trigger" line.

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:10 PM

Oh, and where exactly are you lost? What kind of morph are you making? Did you make it with magnets or in a modeller, or did you make it from existing Vicky2 morphs?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:11 PM

No problem.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:12 PM

vicky 2 morphs

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:14 PM

file_173688.gif

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:15 PM

In that case, you can't redistribute the morphs because of the same reason you can't redistribute the cr2. You can however, distribute a face file (.fc2) that contains all the dial values for those morphs.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:15 PM

file_173689.gif

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 7:52 PM

I am going round on this one, myself. Not because of all the morphs that I did for Vicki 1. However...They do not work right on v2p4. Soooo, I did my favorites over by exporting v2p4 head, uv, etc. Now, the folks I work for say that I can sell them...mine. However, I am to figure out how to do them with the cr2editor so that they are not infringing. I have a real bad cold..all week...and just am lost, at this point. I am sure there is a simple way, but, at this point, it eludes me. Simple advice on morph squishing, etc., would be greatly appreciated. Some of us can do the task, but not speak the lingo. Thanks, in advance. Poppi

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 9:27 PM

Vicky1 head morphs should work fine on V2P4 if you transfer them from cr2 to cr2 with MorphManager...they don't work if you try to load an obj morph target onto V2P4.

Morph squishing basically is taking an obj file in a text editor and removing all the lines except the v lines. This leaves you with an object that has all the points, but no polygons, normals or texture coordinates. I think there's a utility that will do this for you but the name and location escapes me at the moment. I personally don't recommend this method...I don't think it's safe way to distribute morphs, but DAZ allows this, so it's perfectly kosher to do this with their characters.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 9:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bushi3d.com

JKeller is talking about Bushi's MorphSqueeze, available at http://www.bushi3d.com

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 9:39 PM

now im really confused..... cant i just use morph manager to make a combined morph target?

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2001 at 10:13 PM

Thanks wyrwulf.

You can't redistribute the morphs that come with Vicky2 or morphs combined from Vicky2 morphs...that's the reason you can't redistribute the cr2.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 1:15 AM

probably could have used warriors combined figure of vicky and posette without any problems.

JKeller ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 1:24 AM

Well, they have a warning right on the page where you buy her informing you of this fact. I have Vicki 2 and it's the best thing I've bought in a long time. Well worth the price, IMHO.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 1:33 AM

seems they added new morphs and resold the same figure twice.....I was under the impresson vicky could wear p4 clothes, all they did was combine a p4 womans body with vickys head, same thing warrior dl did.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 1:34 AM

true but they were misleading about the p4 posete vicky thing I think.

JKeller ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 1:39 AM

Yes, the main value of Vicky2 is the tons of morphs they've loaded her with. The P4 version is just an additional included item. The body is still higher rez than Posette's and can take all of Vicky's texture maps.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 2:11 AM

can say that is true, The figure is loaded with neat morphs. Ill get used to her, Be neat if they upgraded the p4 man and p4 female too. Im sure ill like her, I just dont like not being able to share cr2;s like the p4 figures.

JKeller ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 2:19 AM

Yeah, I agree that it'd be nice to share the cr2's too, but if they made it so we could do that than it wouldn't be backwards compatible with Vicky1 morphs and such. Still, there's a lot you can do with Pose files and face files and other methods...you're character looks great, I wouldn't give up on her.

Mason ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 11:49 AM

In Morph Manager 1.0 I had a feature that would save out just the MT portion of the cr2 as a seperate file (basically it just saved out that hunk of the text file). I didn't think it was useful after I had gotten the obj importer/exporter working. I'm thinking maybe MM5 should have this ability to save out just the MT portion so it can be reimported with Morph Manager or just cut and pasted with a text editor. I started work on MM5 that includes full drag and drop but haven't worked on it recently.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 3:49 PM

That would be a useful feature Mason, but it wouldn't change much in regards to V2 deltas being protected from redistribution.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 4:01 PM

Well all in all its a pretty nice figure, But I was not impressed with her body, Think I saw a V Vicky someplace. transfering the morphs from v vicky should not be too hard to do?

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2001 at 1:01 PM

I don't understand. I can understand the obj mesh not being distributable but the deltas? Well I guess you're buying an MT pack basically and the deltas are the MT. Then again, if the MTs were in a seperate file and that file was run through Mover with the original cr2 as the seed then people would need the original cr2 to decode it. But then they could just send out the cr2 itself. At least the seperate file idea would avoid other settings coming along for the ride.

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2001 at 2:29 PM

Mason, The only safe way to do V2 morphs or combinations including V2 morphs, is probably just to provide the 'Key' data. an MT file would be taking the morph carrier CR2 to it ultimate in minimum size. With MM4, as far as I have tried to take it is: Actors: intact Channels: Body, hip and any groups with morphs to provide. Tnird part (is what name?): IK & weld intact, Materials deleted. To to used to strictly copy a morph, can anything else go? With MM5, are considering adding the ability to delete and copy channels other than morphs? I have ERC script added to joint channels and it would help to be able to just copy these. You are adding HR2 to the recognized file types? Am I correct in assuming that MM4 will not combine a morph set by a FBM or PBM setting? I know you can look under properties and see what the key for a FBM is and edit the channel key to match, but for a character with 20 morphs, this is a lot of work.

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2001 at 3:02 PM

Yeah MM4 does need an upgrade. Also joint settings and even magnet settings coudl get copied. All MM4 cares about right now is the channels section of the cr2 so the geometry declaraion section could be removed and also all the materials, welds and joint info.

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2001 at 4:47 PM

Thanks for the information. This should make a morph carrier a bit smaller. A bit dusty or not MM4 is one of two irreplaceable partners with Poser. With V2, it is vital. You done good.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.