Mon, Sep 9, 4:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Let's Face It ... Sometimes the plot sickens !!! ... ;=]

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 5:09 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

Attached Link: FREE "Face Shop" tutorial compliments of Dr Geep Studios

file_383194.png

(click it  if you feel the urge to do so) 😄

Hi Folks,

Want to see Doc get really morphed out of shape? :blink: ___ HUH ???

The saga at the "U" continues ... FYI. ... Use the link above the image. :huh: ___???

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 7:46 PM

assuming the role of Naysay...;)

What is Face shop? how is it different from the Face room? a 3rd party program? what do I know?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

BillyGoat ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 7:53 PM

Don't go there....  there's a post that goes for days on FaceShop Pro. It was locked, but very interesting.

NaySayGuy ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 8:17 PM

Quote - assuming the role of Naysay...;)

What is Face shop? how is it different from the Face room? a 3rd party program? what do I know?..;)

Hay ...

Whot are da DAZ|Studio? how are it different from da Poser? a 3rd party program? what da heck does Ah no?

By ...

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 8:40 PM

Hi pakled,

Please forgive da NaySayGuy as his IQ rivals the number of fingers on his left hand ... or maybe it was his right hand ... I can't remember which. ... ;=]

The Face Shop software (not Poser) takes a 2D photo of a human head, calculates and then creates and applies a 2D texture map to the 3D head object.  The 3D head OBJect and the 2D texture map can then be exported for use in other programs.

The Face Room (part of Poser5, 6, and 7) takes an existing 3D mesh object (the head) in Poser and has the capability to morph or modify the "physical" shape as well as create and apply a texture map from the front and side views of a human head. The modified head and texture map are used inside of Poser.  Note - The Face Room may be used with or without the front and side views of the head.

These are highly abbreviated explanations of what each does but may help explain the basic differences.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 10:56 PM

Geep, you forgot to mention that Poser faceroom only works with the ef figures and I think apollo has a head file too. But FaceShop Pro can use any figures head. That is a big plus for FaceShop.

Not trying to correct you, as you said, abbreviated explanation.

Amloid ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 6:28 AM

why is this stuff important
i clicked on the notebook but it wont open

geep ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 7:00 AM

Hi Amloid,

You need to click on the link above the picture of the notebook.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 9:07 PM

ah, now we are smart...make it go...;) thanks, doc.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2007 at 3:34 AM

Just updating this link as I had to roam around the U to find it. It was hiding in the main office, hehe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

flibbits ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2007 at 2:44 PM

Great tutorial but I can't follow it. #1, in FaceShop 3.5 none of the buttons or options match what the tutorial mentions. For example there is no color button. #2, I can't resize and move windows or zoom or pan. As soon as I do any of that points become undoable, there's a beep when I click to add a point. The only way to fix it is to go BACK and restart. This happens on three computers on which FS 3.5 has been installed. #3, I can't edit points. I click on them, but nothing happens.

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2007 at 2:58 PM

Doc, the link above the image gave me a big fat "Not Found" page.

flibbits ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2007 at 3:09 PM · edited Sun, 11 November 2007 at 3:10 PM

Go to http://www.drgeep.com/NPU/admin/mainoffice/FaceShop/FaceShop.htm Nay Say said he can't go to the address because he's too big to fit inside the computer.

masha ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2007 at 4:52 PM

Yep, not found even on the basic Poser Univesity site here too.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2007 at 5:25 PM · edited Sun, 11 November 2007 at 5:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.drgeep.com/NPU/admin/mainoffice/FaceShop/FaceShop.htm

ooops! I meant to attach a new link! I was looking for it myself and managed to finally find it in the main office of the U!  LOL 

Sorry about that. I was multi-tasking and I'm not very good at that these days.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

masha ( ) posted Sun, 11 November 2007 at 6:19 PM

Thanks Acadia :)   That woks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.