Sun, Oct 6, 12:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 8:29 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Wonky Formatting of Archived Front Page Articles

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 9:50 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

Attached Link: Talkfyr

Hi...I did a search of my FP column...and it looks like the format in which it was presented (I sent it to Nick in .doc format) does not call the sites default CSS.

You'll notice also that the replies are formatted appropriately, however...the column itself...is not.

http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13496 

Just thought I'd point that out.

Thanks

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 11:08 AM

The text colour has ended up hard coded as black, most likely a side-effect of using MS Word.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 11:44 AM

Thanks nruddock

Yeah...that's what I figured as well nruddock.(Which is why I included the bit about what format I sent it)

MS puts all kinds of gobbledygook in it's format.

Nick must have uploaded the column as a .doc,which worked fine before the latest site upgrade...but evidently doesn't work now.

Thanks Amigo

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 12:20 PM

Quote - MS puts all kinds of gobbledygook in it's format.

Your lucky you didn't send HTML saved out of Word, that would have been even worse.

The easiest way to stop the unwanted formatting from transferring when cutting and pasting into FCK Editor is to switch to Source mode before pasting.
Once you have the raw text, switch back to normal mode so that HTML formatting can be added.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.