Mon, Oct 21, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Question for a Mac / Poser owner

nerd ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 6:49 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 5:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Back in the Poser 4 days on Mac file refrences were limited to 63 characters. I think that was fixed with Poser 5. Could someone out there with a Mac verify this for me?

Don ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 4:48 PM

Not sure but I think it is limited to 32. Definitely not 64.

surreality ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 5:00 PM

"The entire path (excluding the quotes) must not exceed 62 characters in length for it to function on the MAC." --from here: http://market.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13164 I'm not sure if it's changed; I'm on a recent non-Intel Mac and have not had any path problems, but I can't be sure if that's simply because I haven't run into one long enough to cause a problem as yet.

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 9:57 AM

I ran into a problem using Matmatic in Poser 6 on the mac. It seems that a file name can't be more than 31 characters. I've never come across any problems with paths though.

Some more details are in post 77 at the link.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 7:49 PM

Quote - I ran into a problem using Matmatic in Poser 6 on the mac. It seems that a file name can't be more than 31 characters. I've never come across any problems with paths though.

There's some outdated info here, I have a pdf file that has a 69 character file name and it's not on the desktop it's 2 levels down so that tosses both file name and path name limits.
Mathmatic must still be laboring under the OS9 limits since OSX allows much longer names.

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2007 at 2:08 AM

Quote - > Quote - I ran into a problem using Matmatic in Poser 6 on the mac. It seems that a file name can't be more than 31 characters. I've never come across any problems with paths though.

There's some outdated info here, I have a pdf file that has a 69 character file name and it's not on the desktop it's 2 levels down so that tosses both file name and path name limits.
Mathmatic must still be laboring under the OS9 limits since OSX allows much longer names.

My answer was obviously unclear here. I meant that Poser has a problem with long  file names. OSX certainly doesn't. Just for fun I made a file name over 200 characters long on the desktop, and it worked fine in Finder.

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2007 at 7:17 AM

Quote - I meant that Poser 6 has a problem with long  file names.

There, fixed that for you. Poser 7 can use longer file names just fine.

MarianneR ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2007 at 7:24 AM

Quote - > Quote - I meant that Poser 6 has a problem with long  file names.

There, fixed that for you. Poser 7 can use longer file names just fine.

That's nice :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.