Sun, Oct 6, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can anyone recommend a program /demos for building 3D vintage snowmobiles?

KraigS ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2007 at 1:25 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 8:42 PM

I know it's an open ended question..I got that from reading the intro at the top of the Forums page! 

I'm not a pro, just a hobbiest. I have Bryce 5, Poser 6 and Shade 7 Lite.

Is there such a thing as being able to import top, front, side and rear photos of snowmobiles and be able to create the views from the photos in Shade 7 lite? Or others? Any recommended demos I can try out? I'd like to make props as well as vintage snowmobiles.

I collect vintage snowmobiles and thought it'd be cool to be able to build models of them to put my Poser figures on them and then import them in to Bryce scenes.

How much of a learning curve is there? Are there videos I can get that demo products. Better yet, a work-a-along tutorial..

Kraig

Ofthepast ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 2:10 AM

Any modeling program will do. Wings 3D is free, Silo is cheap (try the demo), etc.

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 5:05 AM

I like Blender which is also free, wings may be a slightly more effective modeller (discuss???) but blender can texture and render etc.....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Dann-O ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 12:59 PM

Wings is pretty straightforward you can import your plans and work from there. How much modelign have you done and are you more comfortable with splines or with poly sub. You can import the photos in wings just use image plane and select the pic you want and then turn it and place it where you want. wings is free all the time.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.