Sun, Sep 22, 11:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 7:39 PM

oh, no, you're onto me!  :blink:

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

stormchaser ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 7:41 PM

You didn't really need my body for texturing did you? I know your sort, you just wanted to have your wicked way & be done with me.
Bad bad kitty!

jwhitham ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 7:43 PM

Zzzzz...

stormchaser ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 7:45 PM

Me too, It's a quarter to two in the morning here. Sleep beckons. Night all.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 7:52 PM

Laters.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

surreality ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 8:11 PM

file_383803.jpg

So, I'm late as ever, but I can at least contribute to one cause in the thread!

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 9:12 PM

Well, it's me and the kitties here for the second shift... Loks like I wore out the guys!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 9:15 PM

I'm still here. :P

My Store

My Gallery

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 9:20 PM

All's well that ends well.  With cat pictures, too.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:21 AM

See Vestmann, we brought you over to the dark side the OT-interaction side and now you have to admit it's fun ;o)

Rodma_Hu - I know we have already spoken about this very issue privately. I understand that you would leave threads open once they'd become brawls, if you were doing the job. That's okay - we all have different approaches. This is, however, how the staff here do things. We have been, in the past, extremely liberal and allowed more or less anything to stay open; and we have been extremely, errr, "strict" I suppose, and not only closed threads at the first sign of sarcasm, but also removed any and all things remotely OT. (I wasn't on staff then, but god I remember those months and they were bloody miserable.)

In short - we make decisions to close threads based on the individual threads and situations in question, being guided by the overall experiences of the past.

I will amend my initial statement for clarity:
We close threads when they have degenerated so far into negativity and personal attacks as to become useless.

As stated quite eloquently already, OT threads such as this have now become DO serve a purpose - they allow the forum posters to kick back a little bit, have a laugh, and get to know each other a little more. Barriers are broken down, information is shared - not about the program, but about each other. (Connie - I didn't realise you weren't a native English speaker! Allow me to congratulate you, because I think your language skills are awesome!)

On the flipside, threads that have become a fight, with people just slinging out insults, rehashing old flame wars and trying to provoke new ones, are not only useless to the community, but actively damaging, in our view and experience.

OK gotta go now and get ready for work. Catch you all later :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

vince3 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 4:57 AM

tarzans into the thread, 

aah-eeh-arr-eee-ooh!

arriving as backup for the second shift, leaps and lands, with style and grace, looks down and realizes he has lost his loin cloth along the way,

strikes heroic pose and hopes no one will notice!!

(starts his search for a "really big" fig leaf)

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:10 AM

Trust me Vince, the ladies on here would prefer you NOT to wear the loin cloth!!

I must also state that I was surprised to find that English is not Connie's native language, she puts me to shame & I was born & bred on these shores! It still amazes me how some people here & those I've met in life can speak English so well. I quess most learn it from an early age because I understand English is a very hard language to learn if you're not brought up in a country which predominately speaks it. 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 8:09 AM

Quote -
I must also state that I was surprised to find that English is not Connie's native language, she puts me to shame & I was born & bred on these shores!  

Yeah, but you're a Manc. 😉

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 9:17 AM · edited Wed, 25 July 2007 at 9:17 AM

Ooh Sam, now that's below the belt!!
So you're from up north, whereabouts?

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 9:18 AM

I must add that I'm from South Manchester, in Cheshire, so I'm actually posh!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 9:22 AM

Yeah, Cheshire's nice.

I'm a Sheffield lad but currently living in the drab and scabby hell hole known as Rotherham.  Chav Town.

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 9:27 AM

Sam - I've been to Sheffield but not Rotherham. Do you wear a flat cap & breed whippets or anything like that?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 10:01 AM

Yeah, that's what we all do, same as you lot all walk around in Man City tops and rob cars.

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 10:06 AM

Hey, saying I rob cars is OK, but calling me a blue is highly offensive!! :glare:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 10:12 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot, you're not actually in Manchester, are you? :)

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 10:20 AM

As every City fan knows, Man Utd don't play in Manchester!!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 11:57 AM

Quote - Trust me Vince, the ladies on here would prefer you NOT to wear the loin cloth!!

I must also state that I was surprised to find that English is not Connie's native language, she puts me to shame & I was born & bred on these shores! It still amazes me how some people here & those I've met in life can speak English so well. I quess most learn it from an early age because I understand English is a very hard language to learn if you're not brought up in a country which predominately speaks it. 

Thank you :)  I don't find english particularly hard. Building a vocabulary and learning the colloquial phrases often has me running around in circles :)  And Pop culture... LOL, sometimes I just sit and stare goig... um, we didn't have that in Croatia when I was growing up! I do live in the US now, and trying to catch up....

Loin Cloth?  I like playing Peek-a-boo  ;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 12:17 PM

Probably not a good time to tell you I just got out of the shower, then.

My Store

My Gallery

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 12:23 PM

Shower.... :blink:
[Kitty runs and hides under the bed... then peeks out... oh my....gasp  peek  cough.... I'm sowwy, peek 🤤 ]

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 12:47 PM

:lol:

My Store

My Gallery

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 12:52 PM

Trouble.... I mean... Shower....  yes, I think I need a shower.... [kitty picks her head out of the gutter and runs off...]

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:02 PM

About the language thing...  

My native tongue is Icelandic but what probably helped me learn english is that we don´t dub movies and TV shows here as is done in many european countries (like France, Germany, Spain etc.). Also I played A LOT of text-input adventure games which forced me to build up a vocabulary...

Vestmann's Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:03 PM · edited Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:04 PM

Well, Connie, there is always this one...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=661382&member

It's a real old render, though.

My Store

My Gallery

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:07 PM

Awww, very sentimental piece :)  Makes me wanna hug you!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:10 PM

Well, Claire may have something to say about that. 

It was a real bad time but - as they say - you never know what's going to happen next.

As it turned out, things got much better from then on.

My Store

My Gallery

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:17 PM

Quote - Well, Claire may have something to say about that. 
It was a real bad time but - as they say - you never know what's going to happen next.

Glad to hear that things got much better :)

And hi Claire :)  it's only  friends kind of a hug, no worries :)  
I have a hubby-to-be at home, Mark, so none of this goofy batering is to be taken seriously. 

LOL, I better go use that foot-out-of-mouth-extractor I have in my gallery.

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:45 PM · edited Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:46 PM

Connie - So you're actually Croatian. When did you move to the US?
I remember a woman I met  years ago, she was part Italian, part Croatian. She had the most softly spoken & beautiful accent I've ever heard.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 1:58 PM

Yea, I came from croatia ro California when I was 18, about 20 years ago. I actually grew up on the north coast of Croatia, just 60KM from italian border... so I sort of know a few words italian. There was a large italian minority where I lived, and we visited Italy often (good shopping).
I don't have any italian in me, that I know of, it's all mediterranean (actually Adriatic) areas of Croatia.
My accent is mix of a few Slavic sounds, British English (since that's first english I learned) and Ameriacan English. Most often people hear it but can't place it :), but I'm told it's not a very strong accent.

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 2:05 PM

Connie - I imagine you have a great accent, with Slavic, English & American mixed together. Unfortunately I'm a Mancunian so I hate my accent. Could be worse though, I could have a Yorkshire accent!
I'm going into hiding now away from Sam! :scared:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 2:35 PM

oh you guys crack me up!

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 3:08 PM

Could be worse though, I could have a Yorkshire accent!
I'm going into hiding now away from Sam!

Oh boy, you just trod on my toes too

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 3:12 PM

Whoa...Karens got the rollin' pin!

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 3:15 PM · edited Wed, 25 July 2007 at 3:17 PM

oh no, here come the modulators with a wrulling pin...

Stormy... see what you did!  
[I'm outta here and back under the bed]

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 3:30 PM

Karen - I thought you emmigrated up North.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 4:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, Claire may have something to say about that. 

Glad to hear that things got much better :)

And hi Claire :)  it's only  friends kind of a hug, no worries :)  
I have a hubby-to-be at home, Mark, so none of this goofy batering is to be taken seriously. 

LOL, I better go use that foot-out-of-mouth-extractor I have in my gallery.

No need to extract foot from gob; my reply was for the comment of the peanut gallery. :)

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 4:28 PM

Quote - Karen - I thought you emmigrated up North.

Karen lives in Sheffield, too. 

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 4:49 PM

Yeah, for some reason I thought Karen was from down South who moved up to Sheffield. Guess I'm wrong as usual. Mancs usually are!

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 5:19 PM

So Karen, who do you barrack for .... United or Wednesday ?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 5:28 PM

Quote - Yeah, for some reason I thought Karen was from down South who moved up to Sheffield. Guess I'm wrong as usual. Mancs usually are!

Nah, you're right, she's a southern lass who moved up here.  Even so, she's a Sheffield lass now.

My Store

My Gallery

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:21 PM

Quote - Also I played A LOT of text-input adventure games which forced me to build up a vocabulary...

But how often do you find "I must brush my hair with the hedgehog, in order to get the conductor to let me board the bus into the past where I can prevent my neighbour from killing the Wumpus" useful?

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - Also I played A LOT of text-input adventure games which forced me to build up a vocabulary...

But how often do you find "I must brush my hair with the hedgehog, in order to get the conductor to let me board the bus into the past where I can prevent my neighbour from killing the Wumpus" useful?

When reading Terry Prattchet's Discworld books?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:36 PM

The only Terry Pratchett book I have read so far is The Unadulterated Cat, which is a very accurate account of cats in real life, as opposed to the sweet things portrayed on greetings cards.

Which reminds me... If pet food manufacturers really wanted to make a cat food that the little buggers actually like, why don't they make grasshopper and mouse flavour?  Or vole and wasp?

My Store

My Gallery

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:38 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Also I played A LOT of text-input adventure games which forced me to build up a vocabulary...

When reading Terry Prattchet's Discworld books?

Nope. It's part of the solution to a, near 20 year old, text adventure called Humbug. Still available here: http://www.grahamcluley.com/humbug.html

Humbug was a big thing in my bit of the UK in the early '90s. I just used to lurve the ridiculous conversations it gave rise to.

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - Also I played A LOT of text-input adventure games which forced me to build up a vocabulary...

HAHAHA! Quite often!  Well I also learned english in school and that really helped putting things into the right perspective.

Vestmann's Gallery

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:55 PM

Humbug, huh? Sounds like fun!
I'm on book 11 now... reaper man... Death gets depressed and quits working...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.