Sun, Oct 6, 9:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT: The *Art* of Consumption

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:12 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:41 AM

It's kind of a scary thing when our excesses can be made beautiful...

www.chrisjordan.com/

kalonart.com

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:30 AM

Some staggering statistics put into perspective.  Those must have taken a LOT of work!

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:32 AM

It's a bit of an eye opener isn't it!
No pun intended SYNTRIFID!

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:35 AM

LOL :laugh: :tongue2:

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:48 AM

And this is why I can't pretend to be anything but a hobbiest. 

The picture of the dresses hanging (katrina pictures), was so visceral  that my stomach knotted up and I felt like I was going to cry. 

How do you tap into that? It can't be expression.. it can't be posing... there is no living thing in this photograph. So how to you find/trigger that reaction?

kalonart.com

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:58 AM

Quote - ...How do you tap into that? It can't be expression.. it can't be posing... there is no living thing in this photograph. So how to you find/trigger that reaction?

Context is everything.  Without the background to the reason for the picture you would not have responded to the emotional triggers.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 11:36 AM

True... But by that reasoning all of the Katrina pictures should have impacted me that way, and that's not the case. Something was captured, for me at least, in that one particular photograph.

It could have been the contrast between new clothes/merchandise decayed, or the way the colors were deteriorated, faded and molded... On the other hand, maybe it's memory, maybe I'm associating something from my past with that picture. For other people, perhaps an image that did not get quite that reaction from me, might be the one that works on them.

kalonart.com

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 11:40 AM

Ah well, now you're getting into the murky waters of Surrealism.  Genuine Surrealism isn't just about weird pictures - many people don't get that - it's about personal symbolism and dream imagery.  I guess the true artistry is in how well an artist can make another person respond in an emotional way to something that is purely personal.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 6:24 PM

whew...was afraid this was about 19th Century diseases...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 6:32 PM

No, 20th/21st Century ones...

kalonart.com

3Dsmacker ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 6:36 PM

Yeah, the Katrina dresses reminded me of pictures taken of the Nazi extermination camps. Those pictures showed huge piles of women's hair, eyeglasses, coats, and even baby shoes. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 5:02 PM

Those images are really something! Brings it all in your face!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.