Mon, Sep 16, 10:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Free at last...almost

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:24 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

file_384031.jpg

I’d like to distribute this figure and it’s clothes as “free stuff." At this point, it’s just a matter of figuring out how best to go about it. I’ve already created a “Runtime” package with a folder hierarchy that seems to work in Poser 5 and Poser 7. I have some questions. What is required or advisable for my ‘Read Me’ file? Is there some template I can use for the appropriate, eye-glazing legal mumbo-jumbo? How does the Renderosity’s 'Free Stuff' differ from that which is posted in the Free Stuff Forum? Is there a difference? Also, what in your experience is the best free host for free stuff files?

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

destro75 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:33 PM

You'd probably get better answers in the Freestuff forum, but let me just say, that figure looks awesome!

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:40 PM
sandmarine ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:51 PM

arduino has a "read-me" generator somewhere... I've seen tons of people using it to generate their own read me files...

and I second the motion... that figure looks amazing!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 1:33 PM

figure looks fab IMVHO. try sharecg.com they apparently pay a small amount per download or page view, even for freebie downloads.

kathym ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 1:44 PM

Wow that'd make for an interesting alien .. provided he had a flight suit. LOL  Any interest in making some aliens, Paloth?

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:38 PM

wow- most excellent :)

if you have a product- any store product from here- look at the readme. Thats a good templet :) easy to fill in your own info.

masha ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:11 PM

DAZ just sent mail re a game project they are starting.  Wonder if you'd be interested in submtting your terrific characterto that ?  Read more at link below. :)

www.daz3d.com/i.x/contests/acclaim/-/

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:59 PM

Paloth - nice-looking result.  I admire folks who have the skills to create creatures from scratch.

As for going with the DAZ3D event - heh, this figure could be both rider and ridden.  Enough said !

Eternal Hobbyist

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 10:38 PM

Wow, that's a lot of work!  Great job!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

bakapo ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:01 PM

wow, he's amazing!

elenorcoli ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:12 PM

really great shoulder joints from what i can see good looking character

sandmarine ( ) posted Fri, 03 August 2007 at 4:44 PM

bump! is this figure available yet?

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2007 at 11:30 AM

Yes it is. Check the Free Stuff forum here at Renderosity and use the last url in the thread.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2007 at 2:41 PM

Yet another test bump, ignore me ;)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.